Tork Tech Gt Dyno Vid!

I am not saying the lower T-stat would help improve IATs (cause it wont), but running a stock 195 T-stat with a blower is just bad news and keeps the motor running at 210.

Even a Lightning runs a 180 T-stat from the factory.

Do you realize how hot the combustion process is? I can assure you that 30 degrees difference in the coolant temp makes 0 difference in power or safety (under the condition that the water isn't boiling, and it won't do that till 230+). Technically, a hotter engine is more efficient, and therefore should make more power than a cooler one.

when i step on my car in 2nd it spins the tires right to rev limiter(5500rpm right now due to lack of fuel) then when i shift to 3rd it has a bit of a hiccup then seems to run fine. While drive slow this doesnt happen. only at WOT. The tranny still shifts perfectly, its super smooth.

Any ideas? Could it just be in the tune?

Could easily be it running out of fuel, although if it was fine on the dyno at 5500, I'd think it'd be fine on the street.

How long of a hiccup is it? Could also be the spark doing something funky. Are you able to datalog on the street? An SCT X3 will do that for ya.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you realize how hot the combustion process is? I can assure you that 30 degrees difference in the coolant temp makes 0 difference in power or safety (under the condition that the water isn't boiling, and it won't do that till 230+). Technically, a hotter engine is more efficient, and therefore should make more power than a cooler one.

Could easily be it running out of fuel, although if it was fine on the dyno at 5500, I'd think it'd be fine on the street.

How long of a hiccup is it? Could also be the spark doing something funky. Are you able to datalog on the street? An SCT X3 will do that for ya.
It runs perfect in first and second then a brief hick up right after shifting to third. then once its in third it seems to run fine.

It is just a brief hiccup that comes after giving it a quick shot in second and when I shift to third I get the brief hiccup then it continues to run fine. If I role through second instead of just quickly giving it a shot, there is no hiccup. Runs perfect