Torque box question?

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
I am getting ready to install some lower control arms with spherical bushings on my 03. I know it is mandatory to weld up & reinforce the torque boxes on fox body's when installing solid control arms, but is it necessary on the 94-04 cars? I thought I read somehere about the 94-04 cars having better torque boxes? I plan on drag racing the car a bit, & I don't want to damage the torque boxes...

Anybody have any info? Thanks.... :D

MMRLCA-30-3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

the 94+ mustangs torque boxes seem to hold up a lot better than the fox bodys. I have always done it on the cars that I was going to be drag racing just for an extra percaution. If you have the extra time (and if you have the money) I would say go ahead and do it when you do the arms just so you can help avoid anything later on.

Thanks 4 the info guys...

the 94+ mustangs torque boxes seem to hold up a lot better than the fox bodys. I have always done it on the cars that I was going to be drag racing just for an extra percaution. If you have the extra time (and if you have the money) I would say go ahead and do it when you do the arms just so you can help avoid anything later on.

So do you suggest the reinforcement kit, or just welding around the seams?

i have the upr upper and lower kit, to lower kit is very easy to install, and i figured it was worth the money, because i really didnt want to rip them out them have to repair them.........

I was looking into that kit. Do you have yours welded up, or just bolted in?

You can just weld the seems if yours is good now. And that should do you good. Me personally would go ahead and get the kit and re-enforce it with welding the kit too. Not just bolting it in. It will help out a hole lot. And have a HOLE of strength added too.
Posted via Mobile Device