Suspension Torque Box Reinforcements?

Windsorfox85

Mar 13, 2016
Alright guys just bought a new fox with a built Windsor swap and have been looking into a good set of subframe connectors. I think I have decided I want to run team Z which claim to have torque fox reinforcements with them.They do not look anything like the torque box reinforcement kits I see though. My cars torque boxes seem to be pretty good shape as of now but my question is should I worry about putting reinforcements on or will I be fine with what comes with the team z subframes? sorry if this has been brought up before just a bit new to this subject and need details, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

What are your goals with the car, what is the engine/transmission combination that you have/want to have someday?
It's a fresh 358w from a speed shop. World heads, solid cam motor built for spray. I plan on running a 200 shot. Car has a stick in it I plan on mainly street cruising but a couple trips to the track a year. Want to be able to launch it hard with radials and spray it and not mess my torque boxes up.

In that case, you have some work to do. The combination you are building is probably the hardest on torque boxes. Skip the regular style subframes, and do to the floor connectors tied into the factory torque boxes. Have the chassis shop also seam weld the torque boxes and maybe add some thicker plates to the lowers, then install a set if torque box reinforcements to the uppers and lowers, also have the uppers welded up. I have been down this road(and still traveling it), and will tell you that a 10 sec or faster stick car is hell on the tq boxes, and it is an uphill battle with them. I have fixed my uppers 3 times, if the last fix doesnt work, next step will be a wild rides S box.

If you have the time/motivation/money, doing the S box right away would probably save you time/money/headaches up front.

In that case, you have some work to do. The combination you are building is probably the hardest on torque boxes. Skip the regular style subframes, and do to the floor connectors tied into the factory torque boxes. Have the chassis shop also seam weld the torque boxes and maybe add some thicker plates to the lowers, then install a set if torque box reinforcements to the uppers and lowers, also have the uppers welded up. I have been down this road(and still traveling it), and will tell you that a 10 sec or faster stick car is hell on the tq boxes, and it is an uphill battle with them. I have fixed my uppers 3 times, if the last fix doesnt work, next step will be a wild rides S box.

If you have the time/motivation/money, doing the S box right away would probably save you time/money/headaches up front.
Alright I'll look into the S boxes, I believe the team Z subframes I have looked at go to the floor and tie torque boxes but I'll double check, thanks!

Team z also makes a thru the floor connector I believe. Night and day difference between that and the ones that weld to the floor. The standard frame connectors are kind of a bandaid

If you only plan on going to the track a few times a year then I would just reinforce what you have with the subframes if there is no damage already. I have the s box already and its pretty F'ing heavy duty. I think it designed more for track cars with serious power. Its also expensive to put in if you don't know how to weld. I don't know everything but it's just my thought, do what you thinks best.