Torque Converter Question

• Sponsors (?)

go ask alan, DD, if he builds anything for darrin. i talk with alan a few times a week about stuff. he built my trans for my thunderbird. we have been working on things for awhile with my build. i can say first hand what happened with my PI multi disk converter. i have first hand knowledge of PI stuff, i also have the receipt from CircleD to show what i had to have fixed in my converter.

I stand corrected. Darrin doesnt use Alan as of now I guess, but they did work together in the past. Either way, like I stated PI is a quality co as is Bc auto and several others out there. Im a firm believer in working with reputable companies and dont believe in bashing one to make another look better. A good converter, gears, suspension and DR's are the best mods for an auto trans regardless.:nice:

How is the install?

install isn't hard, but it's not the smoothest either. Doesn't come with the correct fasteners, and you should use some teflon tape too. Mounting isn't the simplest, i used two bolts pointed through my frame and put a nut on the inside part of the fame. I had to drill one hole in the bracket part of the cooler for the two pre-existaing holes that are in the frame to match up. I mounted mine in front of the condenser.
this shows some of how i have it at the end: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ebBbzkT-93s

From what I have seen some headers work well with auto's and others don't. Kooks seem to fit better than anything and are the best I have seen. Most people don't want to spend that kind of money however.
Transmission coolers I generally have 2 different suggestions.
1. the Hayden 679, can be found at most parts store, is simple to install and very effective.

2. the Long Tru-cool 40,000 gvw unit. Cooling at it's best. May overcool some applications. 3/8 lines connect direct to the cooler. A bit complicated to install because of the size but worth it if you need serious cooling.

I used to build converters for BC-Auto, We have since gone seperate ways.
Alan

install isn't hard, but it's not the smoothest either. Doesn't come with the correct fasteners, and you should use some teflon tape too. Mounting isn't the simplest, i used two bolts pointed through my frame and put a nut on the inside part of the fame. I had to drill one hole in the bracket part of the cooler for the two pre-existaing holes that are in the frame to match up. I mounted mine in front of the condenser.
this shows some of how i have it at the end: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ebBbzkT-93s

id listen to cobraRed because he did it on a mustang, where mine is on a thunderbird. two completely different mounting situations. however, its not as bad as you might think you just have to use the supplied hangers and find a decent spot behind the bumper cover to mount it where it will get some air to it.

yeah, as you can see in the vid the cooler it right behind where the facia routes in air, i used some aluminum spacers to push out the left end bracket of the power steering cooler line so that my cooler could fit in between. I didnt use the mounting stuff that came with the cooler - just two bolts on the bottom bracket going through two holes that were already in the frame (the crash frame is hard to drill through) then a nut on the other side of the frame (inside the frame since it's hollow). I also installed an inline external EXTRA filter with the 3/8" hosing to give the fluid another clean while it's on its way to be cooled.

3- alan builds his own converters where darrin has his made out by some unknown company who do you really want building your stuff???

Now thats just not true. I moved away from a certain converter builder due to unresolvable issues. The company that I went with is TCS. They make parts for most everyone in the converter business.

You really need to stop listening to the sources that you have been and take a moment to find out the truth. I am going to PM you something that you need to look at Vic.

Having said this, I dare you to find a single customer of mine with a complaint about quality or customer service.

It's all about quality and customer service. I strive to provide only the best that I can there and that is why I had to make some painful decisions on who to work with and who not to.

I will do whatever it takes to make my customers happy. I have proven that time and time again. If not I will refund every single penny of everythng including all associated costs.

Darrin

I thought we had decided terms of leave me alone and I'll leave you alone, yet you continue this crap. It's seriously time to move on and quit threatening me with the lawsuits over crap you start. I have been polite in my comments. You continue to be you. Are you ever going to get a life? Or will you always continue sending everyone you can these editted emails and messages that show how great you are in hopes of turning the world against me. Just move on with your own life and leave me to mine already. I guess the soap opera drama continues.
Alan

I wasn't trying to bother you, I was just trying to straighten something out that was said about my products that was incorrect.

I posted up a comment to clear up an incorrect statement about my products. When I looked at my original post I thought it was maybe a little too direct so I edited it because I thought it was the right thing to do. In the end I said nothing to you or directly about you in this thread until right now. But, that is the way this game you want to play seems to work isn't it? I try to come in and civilly correct the usual misinfo and then you always feel the need to make comments like you just did to try and steer perception after the correct info is shown. It just never seems to fail.

Does anyone else see what I said in my one and only post about this here that could have prompted such a reply as was given to me above?

I just don't get why it has to be like that. I also don't get how it is always someone that you know or have talked to that gets these ideas that keep popping up. Seems kinda strange don't it? Nobody that has ever dealt with me directly has ever had anything at all like that to say. Quite the contrary actually. More funny is how I can easily just post up absolute fact to prove these things to be untrue and that nobody ever has even a tiny little shred of anything to show at all otherwise. Why is that? And why is it that the misinfo that is being spread always trails right back to one person? Very odd...

Dude, please just leave me alone. Why do you want to keep picking at stuff and telling people things that you know are not at all accurate and that you know they are going to repeat? I just don't get it. You seemingly just have to keep on playing this game yet you haven't been man enough to either call me or answer the phone when I tried to call you.

Leave it alone and please stop telling people lies about me and my business. It's just that simple.

I am not going to fight with you on the internet and I am not going to mud up another thread with this nonsense. These are the last words about this that I am going to post on this forum. If you had said nothing to me or about me then I would have said nothing to you in return. I will not participate in a discussion about this here. If you want to take something up with me then please do it directly and in person.

In the words of Will Smith "Don't start nuthin, won't be nuthin"

Thank you
Darrin