Torque Thrust Rims on 89 LX?

Mustang Yawie

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2002
Rialto CA
Does anybody have these wheels on a fox, I want to do the five lug conversion with just the lincoln rotors and ranger axles. Also i wanted to know what backspacing would be needed. I want to run 16x8 if possible. Thanks guys. thanks guys :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I got a pair of the Ds and they came in 8.5" with only 3.75" of back spacing. You will need more backspacing than that. Probably 4" - 4.5". That will depend the axle swap, I am unfamiliar with where it will put everything. Also, I have heard that the ranger pumpkin is offset and may give tunnel clearance issues for the driver shaft especially if you run dual exhaust.
Anyway, you should check american racing's website for the availability of backspacing.

You will need to get custom backspace wheels made. Cost about $260 per wheel. For 16x8 you will need the maximum backspace available to fit your car. Which is 5.25". And I am 100% sure it'll fit the Lincoln 5 lug conversion, because the American Racing website ( www.americanracing.com ) says this wheel fits the car. Only place I've found on the web (and the prices are pretty good too) is Wheels For Less

mustang yawie, my friend is selling his 17x not sure of the front rear width. also with tires. low miles. they are currently on an 87 grand national. email me at [email protected] if you want to come see them. also not sure of backspacing. a friend has these on his 89, but can't get a hold of him. they looked awesome

scorp69 said:
mustang yawie, my friend is selling his 17x not sure of the front rear width. also with tires. low miles. they are currently on an 87 grand national. email me at [email protected] if you want to come see them. also not sure of backspacing. a friend has these on his 89, but can't get a hold of him. they looked awesome

These won't work on a Ford. Grand National is GM and GM is 5x43/4" bolt pattern. Ford car pattern (Lincoln included) is 5x41/2" bolt pattern. Stock Mustang is 4x41/4"