Torque wrench.......

90GT306

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2001
Does anybody know how to convert from foot lbs. to inch lbs. I'm racking my brain trying to understand this chart. :shrug: Is inch lbs 1/12 of foot lbs. and multiply by 10. Having a clearence issue and need to use a 3/8 inch lbs. torque wrench...(don"t have a 3/8 foot lbs wrench) Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, been almost 20 years since I graduated high school when we were told that everything was going to go metric. So far the closest the metric system gets me is in a 2 liter bottle of Mt Dew :rolleyes:

So does anyone know of a good, affordable 5-30 in lb clicker torque wrench?

I have always needed one for axles, etc. Found that bicycle shops use them, but have not bought one yet.

I need a new one too and want to know. I dont want great quality but also dont want a total piece of crap either. Even crap seems to be pretty pricey.

for something around inch/pounds a decent craftsman should be 75-80. im not a big fan of craftsman at all (much more of an sk guy) but my ft/lb clicker style torque wrench i havent had any problems with, its about 3 years old. i needed a torque wrench it inch/lbs when i think i was tightening my pinion nut, i brought iyback after i used it lol.

Thanks for the link and info guys. :nice:

Anthony and Eric, a Craftsman is one I had considered - good to know it's decent. I'm poor so that's a lotta' cash to me (for something I use once a year). I just havent found any gonga deals on 'em. Years ago I thought they were cheaper................ :shrug:
I'll also give Napa a holler and see what they have and how much. I had figured I'd find something online for cheap but no dice as of yet. :bang: