total waste to mod an auto v6?

• Sponsors (?)

?

Depend on what you want it for and what you enjoy doing. Me personally I would say... Yes, ONLY in the sense that it is auto and I prefer manuals (feels like you have more control over the car), but that's just me.

You were just looking to swap out your engine right? I think that was you. If you want to, then do it. You will need to do a few thing sto make it fast, but so does every V6 owner... 'cause when it comes down to it, it's still a V6. Take it one mod at a time.

Actually its more of a waste of money than time! I have a 1998 slowmatic and I wish like he11 I hadn't dropped about 10 grand in it, but I did. Now it will out run a stock 98 mustang v8, which I could have just bought 3 of with the money I spent on this v6! Live and learn. If you want a faster mustang, buy one.
CHAZ

Hoof, you also have a '98 which are about a good 2 seconds slower than the 99+ and only have like 130rwhp. Eeewwwww. Lol, J/k. Look it's really up to you. If you wan to mod then go for it. If not then, don't, but do something with it. I'd say atleast do 4.10 gear ratio, t-lok, lowering springs, GT rear bumper, and a nice exhaust.

Is it a waste of money to put on a good exhaust, chip and cai? No. Nothing wrong with a couple cheap hp, nice sounding pipes, and more enjoyable shifts.

Is it a waste of money to go with ported heads, intake, cam, rockers, 8.8, ect.? Yes. Shoulda bought a GT/Cobra.

im just really not sure what i want to do. my dad keeps telling me to just keep the v6. its only got 11k miles on it and im orig owner. he tells me not to buy a used gt because its someone elses headache. so i was thinkin ill just do this mustang up for the looks. ill throw exhaust on it. prolly an o/r x pipe with no cats. (obv after inspection) then ill throw a nice system in there and a nice set of rims. ill just use it for a few years while im gettin through college. then after college if im still lookin for a fast car ill look into the new shelbys. cuz by then ill have a ****load of money plus ill be workin after college. so then all those ****ers that gave me a hard time about my auto v6 can suck it when i buy an 07 shelby. does that sound like a good idea?

Decent idea, but i'd do a little more, but that's just me.
Rims=good
System=good
Exhaust & x pipe=good
now add springs, pulleys and t-lok, then you're good to go.

And yes, you can firm up your shifts plus add a few Hp with the diablo sport tuner. It runs 450$ with pulleys from www.rpmoutlet.com. Hope that helps ya.

yea id still add all the other things. plus gears and pulleys. also a CAI. but i have a question about setting up the best exhaust for a v6. if anyone has aim can you please contact me on there. my sn is missionx69x

Just bone stock you are still 40 hp ahead of my '98 auto.. I would say do a few light mods like cold air intake, chip and most of all dual exhaust. That will give the car a nice rumble to let you dream of a V8. Otherwise it's not really worth it to pour lots of money trying to get a V6 to smoke a V8; as others have already said, for the money that would cost, plus the cost of your car, you could have just bought a V8 in the first place. These V6's are very reliable and bulletproof if you don't mess with them too much. Just keep it as a lightly modded daily driver V6, save your money, and you will probably be glad in the long run. That's what I keep telling myself; I have almost convinced myself of that!

I get the same :bs: at my house "It's fast enough for you" This coming from the same parents who constantly race me anytime we are on a multiple lane street with a traffic light waiting to turn green. (Mom= 2001 Chrysler Sebring Conv with 2.7L V6 Magnum. Dad= 2005 Chrysler Pacifica 3.8L V6 making more power than me-he sold his beautiful Stratus for that dam minivan) My rant is now over.

However the V6 gets better gas milage, so it's not a total waste. I was reading a mag and it had a V6 "Lot's of power with enviable gas milage" was the caption. The usual list of mods: cold air, exhaust, pulleys, gears, t-lok, etc.... just enough to get you started. :shrug:

My mom pulls the "You just got over having a 4cyl Pontiac, so this V6 is just enough for you." Not to mention it's also an Auto. So basically, I can't mod it anyways.

However, I'll be getting a 66 here in a few months. <3 That'll be my baby.

NayChan said:
My mom pulls the "You just got over having a 4cyl Pontiac, so this V6 is just enough for you." Not to mention it's also an Auto. So basically, I can't mod it anyways.

However, I'll be getting a 66 here in a few months. <3 That'll be my baby.

If you have $1000 - $1200 available and can do so, put 4.10s and a true dual exhaust on it and get a flash tuner. You'll like the results.