TOTALED 94 yellow stang!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

ROLLIN5.0 said:
That looks very fixable. Fender, clip, hood, radiator, maybe fan, headlights, corners.
Brandon

how do you know whats bent and twisted under all that?? theres alot of unseen damage. You cant determine damage just from the cosmetic damage on the outside. My est went from $2,800 to $4,500 after they took off the body pannels and looked at the damage underneith everything.

donjohn said:
colorblind?

at least you can probably keep some parts, and sell them off... like those black interior pieces, to me, haha

jk man, well not really. too bad a yellow stang got lost, but at least it wasn't ur fault

Yah what he said :D

94YellowStang........

Im looking for some black interior peices, I really need a center console......if you end up keeping the car and parting it out then let me know.

I'm waiting for them to call today,if they dont I'll get the # from the old man that hit me and call them myself.How long does it usally take to get a settlement check???estimated
I'll be getting a 94/95 GT or Cobra,really havent seen any cobras for-sale around here on autotrader there all farther away and people want a lot for them.

I'm gonna try my best to buy it back,I'll let you guys know what happens.As far as damage goes from the doors back car looks great and interior is near perfect.All boody piece up front need replaced plus air bags,radiator, heater core, radiator support, hood latch headlights and some mis. suspension pieces.The wheel turns with no key and the front wheel was wobblie when I changed out the wheels.Thats all I could tell then but once the fenders ar out it will be a differnt story more than likely.

ProKiller said:
sucks man. at least your okay. don't be afraid to travel for a car. i drove 3 hours for this car and i would do it again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely, I found my Cobra, would you believe on Ebay?!! Car was in PA. Si I drove 3hrs, took a good look @ it and drove it home. Very nice ride home. Again, sorry for your loss but like Prokiller said, don't be afraid to travel.
Mav

I know it will be totalled(airbags), but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. My car was wrecked when I bought it (totalled due to airbags), so I got it for about the price of the wheels. I can't see how it could cost 4k unless you take it to a Benz dealer to have the work done. I straighted, and welded the radiator support, built brackets, and welded the bumper bar on, replaced the radiator, fan, driver side fender, halo lights, crystal corners, aftermarket steering wheel, and got the 4" hood all for about $800 total(I love Ebay). Add a full paintjob, and the car's better than new.
If the insurance gives you $5,000 lets say, and you can get the car back for $1,500 or less...just a thought.

Striped5.0 said:
how do you know whats bent and twisted under all that?? theres alot of unseen damage. You cant determine damage just from the cosmetic damage on the outside. My est went from $2,800 to $4,500 after they took off the body pannels and looked at the damage underneith everything.

Does anyone on this site work on their own car? Bodywork is THE most overpriced part of repairing a vehicle. The front end of a Mustang is very simple. If the frame is bent, that all changes. That's why I said that "it looks fixable", and not "that is fixable".
Brandon

94YellowStang said:
I'm gonna try my best to buy it back,I'll let you guys know what happens.As far as damage goes from the doors back car looks great and interior is near perfect.All boody piece up front need replaced plus air bags,radiator, heater core, radiator support, hood latch headlights and some mis. suspension pieces.The wheel turns with no key and the front wheel was wobblie when I changed out the wheels.Thats all I could tell then but once the fenders ar out it will be a differnt story more than likely.

Just got to this one. Good luck in your search for a new one :D Sorry about the loss. You never now, maybe you'll find a Cobra that some lady is selling cheap before the divorce goes through :nice:
Brandon

dude, that is almost exactly what happened to me 2 years ago. except it was a 16 year old girl and my car was a 2001 gt vert. same thing tho, she just turns right in front of me and i had no option but to slam into her. everyone walked away, but my car was totaled.

the airbag bloodied my nose. other than that i was fine.

dunno about geico. she had erie and i have progressive.

make sure you include any aftermarket stuff you had in the claim, cds in the cd player, everything. i hope you have receipts.

good luck man.