Toyota recalls - People are STUPID

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
Thought I would share this with you guys. I'm getting awfully tired of toyota being bashed so hard. I've been a tech at toyota since june of 2007 and I love the brand. Still die hard mustang, but as far as work goes I'm pretty loyal.

This picture is of the (4!!!!) floormats this customer had in their camry. It was in on saturday for the 90L campaign for accelerator pedal interference. I have NEVER seen a PROPERLY installed floormat that is secure and proper shape and size have any chance of getting one of these pedals stuck. But this is outrageous.

View attachment 226304

I cant imagine why all these mats are necessary. The tech doing the recall said the gas pedal had no more than an inch of clearance from being caught. But this is supposed to be toyota's fault?? Get real.

• Sponsors (?)

**** em, they want our money they better make perfection, i respect you care about your job but toyotas are overpriced and they are overpriced even when they are used as hell. There is no room for error when it comes to safety. Ive owned 3 lexus cars and have put 200k miles between the three of them and although they are comfy they have all had as much or more problems as the domestic cars ive owned, and it sure as hell wasn't because of lack of maintance because i am OCD when it comes to that. Whatever.... i can go on for hours, i just think that whatever is happening is happening for a reason.

Wow. 4 mats...?!?! This person was probably looking for a lawsuit. I don't understand the logic behind some peoples actions, but I'm really thinking you need to take a predictive-moron test before you are allowed to purchase a car.

Oh no! I've got a Toyota keyboardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

:D j/k

I thought that it was determined that the floormats weren't the problem? I can't really imagine a gas pedal getting so stuck under a floormat that I couldn't kick it/get it unstuck before I reached 100+ mph and crashed....

Oh no! I've got a Toyota keyboardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

:D j/k

I thought that it was determined that the floormats weren't the problem? I can't really imagine a gas pedal getting so stuck under a floormat that I couldn't kick it/get it unstuck before I reached 100+ mph and crashed....

:lol::lol::lol:

Toyota makes great vehicles and I hate to see them get hit as bad as they have. I hope they can recover, for all the americans that depend on them for their living. There's a ton of lowlife's jumping on the Toyota bashing bandwagon right now. Saw a class action commercial from an ambulance chaser last night.

Wow. 4 mats...?!?! This person was probably looking for a lawsuit.

Perhaps. It's got alot of us at work pretty wound up. No car maker can build a car that is impervious to user error.

**** em, they want our money they better make perfection, i respect you care about your job but toyotas are overpriced and they are overpriced even when they are used as hell. There is no room for error when it comes to safety. Ive owned 3 lexus cars and have put 200k miles between the three of them and although they are comfy they have all had as much or more problems as the domestic cars ive owned, and it sure as hell wasn't because of lack of maintance because i am OCD when it comes to that. Whatever.... i can go on for hours, i just think that whatever is happening is happening for a reason.

I dont wanna get crazy here. Just sharing a picture of CUSTOMER stupidity. The recall has its place, but 4 floor mats is stupid. I'll agree with you toyota's are pretty damn expensive but it is what it is. When I worked at a lincoln mercury shop, we used to get a car or navigator come in on a flatbed atleast once a week it seemed with a messed up trans. I worked there for 8 months. I can count on 1 hand how many engine/trans failures have been due to manufacturer defect since I have been at toyota since 07. That tells me something.

There are 2 recalls with the gas pedals. The 90L is for the floormat interference. The other is the AOA campaign for the pedals manufactured by CTS corp (USA assembled vehicles). Vehicles assembled in japan with pedals manufactured by Denso do not apply.

toyota makes decent cars, but they are not bulletproof as people make them seem, they really aren't. i really like them as a car company but there is nothing that ford or chevy can't do that toyota can in their vehicles.

The problem is that president of north america toyota knew that the gas pedals were a problem years ago and nothing was done until people had to die. When people die everything changes.

The problem is that president of north america toyota knew that the gas pedals were a problem years ago and nothing was done until people had to die. When people die everything changes.

Thats something that I'm curious about. I saw it on the news, but you never really know with the media. If that is the case, that is complete bull****.

I really have no sympathy for toyota, the way i see it the more they get bashed the more people are going to buy domestic made vehicles like ford and gm therefore further supporting the American economy and putting the faith back into good ol' american products! USA FTW!

i'd still buy a toyota. these people bitching about the gas getting stuck are idiots. turn the car off or hit the brakes!!

Don't have much to say about their cars, but aside from an engine that makes a decent amout of power their full size truck (Tundra) isn't anything to write home about. Seems like it was put together with rubber bands and duct tape? :shrug:

you should see the amount of bad press Toyota is getting in the news papers here , they are seriously getting the nail and being bashed for things that aren't their fault. while i am perfectly fine with a company having recalls as ford had many , i think this is just getting out of hand and they should be given a break , not like that Toyota with the stuck pedal is going anywhere even with the pedal all the way down with those 100 fwhp and if it stuck when you were flooring it you were probably speeding or accelerating anyway and aware you are going fast and should account for your breaking distance , you can pull/kick it out also you can just throw the car in neutral as a last resort as the Toyota automatics can be thrown into Neutral without pushing any transmission buttons , a lot of cars experience stuck pedals at one point or the other.

not like that Toyota with the stuck pedal is going anywhere even with the pedal all the way down with those 100 fwhp and if it stuck when you were flooring it you were probably speeding or accelerating anyway and aware you are going fast and should account for your breaking distance , you can pull/kick it out also you can just throw the car in neutral as a last resort as the Toyota automatics can be thrown into Neutral without pushing any transmission buttons , a lot of cars experience stuck pedals at one point or the other.

Tell that to the families of the people who have died, or seriously injured because of this issue. I don't think any of them care of the car made 100hp, or 1000hp. Dead is still dead!!!

As far as the speeding because the vehicles were floored issue. You're forgetting your basic mechanics 101. The first remedy for a stuck throttle is to quickly slam it to the floor. So because it’s still stuck there after the accident, does that automatically mean you were speeding?

And yes...throwing it in neutral is an option in most cases, but that's only effective if the person behind the wheel has that kind of time to react and/or doesn't panic and forget to do it altogether. The fact of the matter remains, that people shouldn't have to worry about recovering from a stuck throttle to begin with.

Ford, Gm and Dodge should be the only car companies in america!!! I have no problem with allowing imports to sell here but we should hike the tarriffs up on them so high!!!!!!!! You want the american economy to recover???????? START BUYING AMERICAN then american companies wouldnt have to outsource!