TPS voltage

GTJake

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I have a fox body TPS/throttle body. I'm getting .80 V on my tweecer and .77 using a voltmeter. Is this a sign of a bad TPS or bad wires going to the TPS?

I know you can adjust them on Fox cars, but the sn-95 computer automatically adjusts the voltage to the .98 range no matter which way you put the sensor in.

Also, could this be the culprit of my horrible gas mileage?

Jake

• Sponsors (?)

Both the A9 series and 5N95 computers will zero out the baseline TPS reading.

That said, some folks say they notice a difference if playing with the setting.

As for the 3 mA difference between the meter and TwEECer, that aint worth thinkin about. If you take two meters, chances are one will read slightly different than another - even with very high end stuff.

Good luck.

In the EEC Analyzer software it said that it was normal to have a slightly different reading from the wires to the EEC. I would say .80 to .77 is pretty slight. I have mine around .90 works fine.

Don't think that has anything to do with gas milage Jake :)

Still say its cause you got a big, fat, heavy ... Right Foot :rlaugh:

I also don't think you have anything to worry about with that value as the pcm understands .80 is closed when you first fire it up.

If you wanna get it a bit higher then by all means do so :nice:

I'd go no higher than .95 ;)

Grady

I scanned codes and it said my TPS voltage was too low. Code 122, I think. I put a new TPS in there and it went right to .94. Hopefully it is affecting my mileage, cuz I used to get awesome mileage on trips (~27mpg).

Jake

GTJake said:
I scanned codes and it said my TPS voltage was too low. Code 122, I think. I put a new TPS in there and it went right to .94. Hopefully it is affecting my mileage, cuz I used to get awesome mileage on trips (~27mpg).

Jake

I too have sucky gas mileage. My tps with was around .95 I think with tweecer datalogging. It was lower, not low enough to get a code. I adjusted it but it did not fix my mpg. I finally found a leak on my egr (blocked it off). I have not driven enough to check my mpg, but I hope its better. My city is low (14-15) but my highway is (23-26)

what is your mpg?

My last tank was 17.9 with mixed highway and city, so not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But I think I may have to commute 35 miles each way this summer with it, so I'd like to get it back to where it used to be.

Jake

GTJake said:
My last tank was 17.9 with mixed highway and city, so not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But I think I may have to commute 35 miles each way this summer with it, so I'd like to get it back to where it used to be.

Jake
I am usually at around 17.5-18.0 mpg. Combined of course.