TPS voltage.....?

94tang

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
East TN
Does setting the voltage to .95-.99v apply to aftermarket throttlebodys too.Ive just installed a BBK 70mm along with a 94 Cobra upper and lower and cant get it any higher than .70v.....should i be concerned?

• Sponsors (?)

It is a tad on the low side... Does the voltage increase linearly up to WOT? It should be somewhere around 4.25V at WOT. Its not horrible to run it like this, but for best throttle response, you should have it set like you said between 0.95-0.99V. Before you go hacking the screw holes on the sensor to get that voltage, you might want to try and open the throttle up a bit more with the adjusting screw for the throttle blade, then mess around with the IAC bleed screw to set the proper idle. Have you run the car yet? Does it idle?

Were it me, I wouldnt touch it. I'd see if the computer does what it's supposed to and zero out at start-up.

If you're setting the idle with the IAC disconnected, you're mimicing the bleed screw being run in all the way anyhow. The IAC cant take away more air at that point.

Good luck.

1TallMF said:
It is a tad on the low side... Does the voltage increase linearly up to WOT? It should be somewhere around 4.25V at WOT. Its not horrible to run it like this, but for best throttle response, you should have it set like you said between 0.95-0.99V. Before you go hacking the screw holes on the sensor to get that voltage, you might want to try and open the throttle up a bit more with the adjusting screw for the throttle blade, then mess around with the IAC bleed screw to set the proper idle. Have you run the car yet? Does it idle?

It idles,but around 1500rpms....what is the IAC bleed screw?

Ive had the battery unhooked for about a week.after doing this the car doesnt run right anyway...after a few days of driving it usually clears up and runs/idles better but its never idled that high from the get go....also i really couldnt tell much difference when i took it for the initial run down the road after the install.......:shrug:

Does the new TB's throttle-blade have a hole in it?

Check for vac leaks and double check your idle setting procedure. I like to set the hot idle without the IAC being connected.

Good luck.