tps

TK_05

Feb 12, 2003
Las Vegas
my tps reading is at like 1.19.. and it wont go any lower... i got it as far left and is will go... technically if i lowered the idle w/ the idle screw the volts would go down? or no???

• Sponsors (?)

It shouldn't be that high... unless the TB casting is a little off or something. Yes I would make the holes a little bigger and see if that works. Just be sure to make the holes bigger in the right direction. And if that doesn't work I would buy a new one or try a friend TPS.

Make one hole into a slot so you can slide it over some and leave the multimeter on it while you slide. If I remember right you'd want to make the hole closer to the front of the motor into a slot towards the drivers side.

Fox Saleen 163 said:
Well I don't remember which way to turn it to lower it without looking at it. But if you turn it in the direction to lower it, whichever side the screw is touching is the side you want to file out. You did loosen both screws right?

yea i tried everything to lower it.. i got another tps but its not working right so i gotta see if i can fix this one first... ok if i remember correctly, twisting the tps farthest from the front of the motor... swinging it towards the passanger side fenderwell lowers it... so if u were on the passanger side adjusting it... to lower it would mean to go counter clockwise.. correct?