Trac-lock Rebuild

• Sponsors (?)

bgwrm89GT said:
Just rebuilt my track lock for under $70 including fluid! I tested it out Sunday and it locked up nicely burning both rear tires. No more one wheel peel, and it was extremely easy to do, it took about 3hrs. :banana:

How about some detials?

Where'd you get your hardware?

What is invovled?

What tools did you need?

i got mine from CPracing.com they are some of my buddies in charlotte got it for christmas have not installed it yet but i got it for 42 bucks... it comes with the clutches, shims, locking bolt, adivtive and directions. they got a lot of very sweet deals there. can get a lot of thing cheaper than any where else cause right now they are just tryin to get business. if u do get something tell them thta kyle sent u maybe i will get some discounts or somethin..lol

You can get a clutch rebuild kit from D&D for $39 I believe. Then, you buy two quarts of good synthetic fluid ($20) and some friction modifier for $4. You're good to go. You also need some RTV/Gasket maker for the rear pan cover, but that's about it... Yeah, it's not a hard job. So many people procrastinate about it, and it's really a helpful repair!

The kit comes with detailed instructions, just read and follow them.Liberal use of a hammer is required to remove the spring inside the differential.The only part of the instructions that you shouldn't follow is presoaking the clutches in fluid, this will make them swell and it's a ****** to reinstall them!I just put them together dry and drove slowly around the block and let the car sit for awhile before burning out so they would soak up a little before I put them under a load.I followed an article out my cousins MM&FF magazine that helped a lot, not sure which issue but the article was titled "Trac-loc Rebop" :nice: