track conditions

750chopperman

Jul 12, 2006
lafayette, IN
When I got to the track last night the tech said the track had not been prepped and was pretty slick. I was getting a little sideways hitting third while on the street I don't even get a chirp in third. How much can your et vary by track conditions? What suspension changes should I make to make my car hook better? I ran a best time of 14.3 @98mph. My car is making way more power than I am putting down but traction is a real problem. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I have a stock block, edlebrock heads, crane 2030 cam, cobra intake, 70mm throttle body, 73mm maf with 30lb injectors, shorties and flowmasters.

• Sponsors (?)

Upper and lower control arms would definately help. What was your 60' time...i would think that car would run a lot faster than a 14.3 even if you spun through all of first! The 30# injectors are a little overkill...what's your fuel pressure set at?

The mph tells more of a story power wise than the timeslip. Your mph is very low for the mods, which even with spinning a good amount it should be much higher. As far as traction its tough on street radials with a decently powered car. Control arms get weight off the nose and on the rear, and some decent street tires and it might hook better, but never anything spectacular.

I already have the BBK rear controll arms. My 60' was around 2.35. My fuel pressure is set around 38PSI and my air fuel gauge reads like it's dead on not rich. After I get moving I was pulling harder than a 13.7 mustang I was racing so I am confident with a decent launch I should be faster.