Track outing :D Pics

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
Alright, so we had our Ford Day. It was very hot, chance of shower, and crappy air. Not a lot of cars, but the few we brought ran well. I didn't get to bring my friends car, so I only made one pass for the day.

Dads Car: His is a 393, AFR185 headed, solid roller carbed car with a 4-speed. Finally got his tire issue figured out. With a DA of 3000+ feet his first pass he ran...

10.22 @ 134 with a 1.41 60'. Car has more 60' and more time left in it when he gets 100% used to it. Corrected it said somethinfg rediculous like 9.83, but I never use corrected times. His second pass came and went. Had a 3.8 60' after trashing the rear end. Keep in mind this is a built rear end, spool, race axles, cclip elims, etc etc. Time to step up to the hardcore race parts, or maybe a 9" and run an all motor gear, and a nitrous gear :D.

Brothers Car: His is a stock bottom end, stock cammed, GT40P motor, cobra intake, exhaust, 4.10s and a stock T5.

First pass he had issues. We launch the car on the limiter. He staged, slammed it off the limiter and about a half second of that, the RPMs immediately dropped. He let off, revved it back up and drop the clutch (5500-6000 maybe). Ran in the 12.50 range with a 1.77 60'.
Second pass he decided to only just tap the limiter (pro tree makes that tough). Sure enough, right as he let it fly, the RPMs were coming down. Probably about the same RPM as last time and again in the 12.50s.
Third pass was eliminations. Foot to the wood this time the RPMs dropped to maybe 3000. It was BAD. Car fell right on its face and went 13.11 @ 107.
After he lost I took the car for test and tune. I staged, waited for green, just tapped the limiter once and let it fly. 1.666 60' to a 12.26 @ 109. The DA on that pass was 3200+ feet. Calculates to again a rediculous 11.78.

I feel my dad has 9.90-9.80 in some cold Atco air once he is beating it down the track. Brothers car should have an 11.99 in it down there. All speculation, but thats what keeps racers going back isnt it? :D

Videos should be loaded soon :D.

Photos.

Brothers launch:
0900.jpg

Brother with a HUGE jump on my friend who was sleeping at the tree:
0700.jpg

Brother begining a burnout:
View attachment 312892

Brother in the burnout box:
0600.jpg

Brother having issues launching:
0100.jpg

Dads Burnout:
0030.jpg

Dads 10.22 launch:
0020.jpg

Dads car being pushed back :D:
View attachment 312897

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome numbers man! That is great you all got to go out together. 12.50's on a stock cammed stock bottom end is sweet. I would love to build up my black notch like that. But I'm gonna leave it stock as I might list it for sale.

Awesome numbers man! That is great you all got to go out together. 12.50's on a stock cammed stock bottom end is sweet. I would love to build up my black notch like that. But I'm gonna leave it stock as I might list it for sale.

12.50s with issues...

My one pass in it was a 12.26 @ 109 :D. So 12.2s (I think it had a 12.teen in it, but they stopped due to an accident). The heat did suck, but if the cars run fine now, imagine cold Atco air.

His car does have stock springs in it. Air bag in the right rear.