Track times after 4.10s

• Sponsors (?)

Jackie Chan said:
if cammed gts are only seeing 104 then they cant ****ing drive....since my vert was trapping that with 4 mods

Just because your vert was trapping 103.7 doesnt mean if a cammed GT trapps 104 he is a bad driver. I for one have a cammed GT 2 280ish RWHP and trapped 104 at best. I went from 5500RPM shift points to 6300ish...best trap came about at a combo of 6-6200RPM shifts and a cool down. For instance, I went on a WED night with crappy prep. When i would spin and get a 2.2 60' the car would trap 101-102...when I hooked as best as possable 1.95-2.0s the car would trap 103-104. Its very possable for a cammed GT to trap 104. (and yes im a good driver :D )

C&Pd from your members page:
*****Went [email protected] with a 1.79 60' on Nittos @ FFW Orlando, full weight, stock suspension, and sway bar intact(3625lbs+)***** with below mods
Modifications:
Chassis/Drivetrain:
-Welded in subframe connectors
-4.10s
-31 Spline Trac-loc
-Moser 31 Spline Axles
Performance:
-Steeda Underdrive Pullies
-Superchip
-Steeda Tri-Ax
-BBK o/r X-Pipe
-Magnaflows w/turndowns-

Far cry from 103.7 that you get on SLICKS :D (unknown weight reduction) Not to mention your track is 60ft above sea lv...mine is 660. My corrected times were 13.02 @ 106.3 BTW. STREET tires @ 30PSI and full weight. Track #s can be decieving due to weather, and you CANT compare traps when your using slicks(or even DRs really) and we are on streets. And you CANT say that if a cammed GT is trapping 104 then he cant drive.

Just thought I would point that out...your statement was too open. So it is possable. :nice:

EDIT: im NOT saying that this was not the case the day he went to the track( that the guys in cammed stangs couldnt drive) My above statement was for general use only, since your term seemed in general. My bad if you were meaning that they couldnt drive since he was also traping 104.

hotmustang331 said:
Just because your vert was trapping 103.7 doesnt mean if a cammed GT trapps 104 he is a bad driver. I for one have a cammed GT 2 280ish RWHP and trapped 104 at best. I went from 5500RPM shift points to 6300ish...best trap came about at a combo of 6-6200RPM shifts and a cool down. For instance, I went on a WED night with crappy prep. When i would spin and get a 2.2 60' the car would trap 101-102...when I hooked as best as possable 1.95-2.0s the car would trap 103-104. Its very possable for a cammed GT to trap 104. (and yes im a good driver :D )

C&Pd from your members page:
*****Went [email protected] with a 1.79 60' on Nittos @ FFW Orlando, full weight, stock suspension, and sway bar intact(3625lbs+)***** with below mods
Modifications:
Chassis/Drivetrain:
-Welded in subframe connectors
-4.10s
-31 Spline Trac-loc
-Moser 31 Spline Axles
Performance:
-Steeda Underdrive Pullies
-Superchip
-Steeda Tri-Ax
-BBK o/r X-Pipe
-Magnaflows w/turndowns-

Far cry from 103.7 that you get on SLICKS :D (unknown weight reduction) Not to mention your track is 60ft above sea lv...mine is 660. My corrected times were 13.02 @ 106.3 BTW. STREET tires @ 30PSI and full weight. Track #s can be decieving due to weather, and you CANT compare traps when your using slicks(or even DRs really) and we are on streets. And you CANT say that if a cammed GT is trapping 104 then he cant drive.

Just thought I would point that out...your statement was too open. So it is possable. :nice:

EDIT: im NOT saying that this was not the case the day he went to the track( that the guys in cammed stangs couldnt drive) My above statement was for general use only, since your term seemed in general. My bad if you were meaning that they couldnt drive since he was also traping 104.
that 13.19 was also without plenum and throttle body which was sold and removed

jmajorboner said:
You people need to understand that he is in canada at a awesome track with low elevation. Again and again you say " how is it possible???" It is with the right conditions

Just a hunch here but the Napierville track is the EXACT same one where that guy with practically no mods at all claimed to be running a 12.9x @ 107x !!!

I seriously think this track has something up with it, as I recall a couple other people that corroborated the story also had some pretty crazy times at that exact track.

Either that track has INSANE traction out of the hole or their sensors are out of calibration.. or MAYBE.. they do it on purpose ??

hhahaha, when i click on your ET's link it takes me to mine

attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    62.2 KB · Views: 77
Dave2000GT said:
Just a hunch here but the Napierville track is the EXACT same one where that guy with practically no mods at all claimed to be running a 12.9x @ 107x !!!

I seriously think this track has something up with it, as I recall a couple other people that corroborated the story also had some pretty crazy times at that exact track.

Either that track has INSANE traction out of the hole or their sensors are out of calibration.. or MAYBE.. they do it on purpose ??
I don't know, WS6 was only trapping 103-104. maybe something with the beams and car bodies causing this.

Jackie Chan said:
hhahaha, when i click on your ET's link it takes me to mine
Well Dayum...

Actual Run
Date/Time
Date: 11/18/2004
Time: 8:04PM
Run Info
R/T: 0.802 (Sportman)
60': 2.091
330': 5.794
1/8 mile: [email protected] MPH
1000': 11.366
1/4 mile: [email protected] MPH
Track Info/Weather
Track Altitude: 500 feet
Temperature: 55 °F
Humidity: 76%
Pressure: 30.210 in Hg
Car Info
Race Weight: 3360lbs.

MyETs Calculations
Estimated Power
RWHP: 238.07
FWHP: 280.08 (5 speed) 297.59 (auto)
PTW(RWHP): 14.11
PTW(FWHP): 12 (5 speed) 11.29 (auto)

Corrected for Sea Level
1/8 mile: [email protected]

1/4 mile: [email protected]
Density Altitude
169 feet
Key:
PTW - Power to Weight Ratio
RWHP - Rear Wheel Horsepower
FWHP - Flywheel Horsepower

I've been there quite a bit and never seen any crazy times like 12.9 in a stock car. If he did get a 12.9 timeslip common sense would tell you thats not possible in a stock 4.6 mustang. Next time im home on vacation and get a chance, im going to atco. It'll be interesting to see what i run there