track tomarro.... need advice

jeffs89gt

Jul 18, 2005
last week my best run was a 14.995 at 94.57 and a 2.409 for my 60 foot. my best 60 foot was 2.367. i would slip the clutch at 1700 and shift at about 5500. the car weighed 3452 with me in it, full interior and subs.the car was bone stock except for having the mufflers removed. the o2 sensors were bad to. now i got new o2s(no more check engin light) my mac off road h, mac cat back, advanced timing, and silencer removed. i was thinkin about takin out the spare tire, back seats, and subs. that woudl take off about 100 lb. (my friend took the back seats and spare tire out of his 99 cobra and he lost 80lb by doin it). my fear is that with 100 less lb in the back ill get worse traction. i was thinkin about pullin the sway bar to, but i have normal tires in the back so i dont think the rear will plant much better from doing that. what are some things that i can do befor i go to the track tomarrow. i cant think of anythign els to do that might help me. i want to pull the seats and stuff but im afraid ill get less traction and it will end up hurting me. what do you guys think. ive been practing different ways to launch and tryin to shift quicker. thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

timing, lose as much weight as you can, short belt (bypass AC - power steering and smog pump if possible, ice the intake, lower tire pressure in back, increase tire pressure in front, if you do a burn out - do not do a dry hop after - the tires lose all of the burn out energy, relax and drive it like you stole it.