Track was cool yesterday

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
Well i went to a local 1/8th track last night. It was fun, i had my dads drag radials on and they hooked pretty good. Just for a note this is one of the worst tracks ever created. Its in a parking lot outside of qualcom stadium no prep no nothing, just the tree and stuff. I wasnt going out to set any records or anything, just for fun and because i havent been to a drag strip in damn near 8 months. My best run was a 8.58 @84.50mph with a burly 2.18 60ft compared to my previous runs at a good track of 8.30s in the 85.50mph range. I was way off my game i really need to relearn my car now. And im not sure if i like this spec clutch for racing, it graps so quick it makes it real hard to slip it out of the hole to keep the rpms up. I swear i either bogged it hard or spun em hard i just could not find an in between. Maybe later in the month ill try Barona drag strip(also 1/8th) thats at least a real strip that hooks good. Sorry for the novel, just thought i would let people know how it went.

Oh on my kill list though 2 C5 vettes, 1 GTO, 2 05 Gts, 04 Mach, 1 STi, 1 modded EVO.
On my death list 1 modded 2000 Viper with BFGs, one modded 04 Z06, and a pullied 03 Cobra.

• Sponsors (?)

94gts said:
Dam no one replys to track threads anymore :shrug:

If its been a while since your last outing dont sweat it, im sure those times will improve :nice: . Were you the guy who exploded your T-5 a little while ago?
Yeah, lol twice actually. First i split the mainshft in half got a newmainshaft and fixed it. THen a few weeks later my 3rd gear busted all the teeth off of it. I got a TKO-500 now and i really like it so far.

slo65 said:
boo qualcom, even if i lived farther south, i wouldnt make that trip, i always go to irwindale, it hooks really well
Yeah its not worth your gas at all. I just went cause i live 10min away and i havent been to a track forever. I wanna hit up irwindale one of these weekends though.

WhiteDevil said:
Yeah its not worth your gas at all. I just went cause i live 10min away and i havent been to a track forever. I wanna hit up irwindale one of these weekends though.

depending on which night u go, try to get there early, last time i was awaiting my burnout (cars in front were running) one of them broke, so they were prepping the track, so i got out of the car, man, have u ever stepped on vht? that ish sticks like glue... best 60' i pulled at the dale was a 1.80 on stock suspension, i just got some subframes/lca's so i'm looking for 1.7's

slo65 said:
depending on which night u go, try to get there early, last time i was awaiting my burnout (cars in front were running) one of them broke, so they were prepping the track, so i got out of the car, man, have u ever stepped on vht? that ish sticks like glue... best 60' i pulled at the dale was a 1.80 on stock suspension, i just got some subframes/lca's so i'm looking for 1.7's
Damn those are some hard core 60fts. That really makes me want to go. What kinda tires are you running on? I stepped out onto some VHT at Cbad back in the day and yeah that **** is very stick, lovin it.

WhiteDevil said:
Damn those are some hard core 60fts. That really makes me want to go. What kinda tires are you running on? I stepped out onto some VHT at Cbad back in the day and yeah that **** is very stick, lovin it.

235/60/15's mickey thompson et street radials on 10 hole rims, they arent very wide but they work, it's also real humid the past couple times i went, so i know the car has another tenth or so in it :shrug:

I lived in Rancho San Diego/El Cajon for a couple years when I was stationed on North Island. I heard a lot about the Jack Murphy parking lot strip, but never made it down there. Don't the cops set that up to help prevent street racing, or something like that?
I couldn't understand how anyone got anything to move with all the freakin laws they have out there. I kept my Oklahoma plates on my car the whole time :D
Brandon