Traction Control Switch

5literstang

Apr 15, 2003
Clark, NJ
well my traction control switch jsut stopped lighting up and doesnt work....im goin to go check to see if its bad with a multimeter, if its bad how much would a switch be? i went crazy looking for it online and had no luck and the dealerships are closed being its 4th of july, if anybody knows anything about it fill me in, and happy 4th of july! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem is stopped lighting up... I figure out that it was just the light in the switch, the switch still worked. I went and pulled hte switch out, and took the bulb out, went into Radioshack found a new bulb popped it in and it fixed it in like 15 minutes, been fine ever since. The bulb was about a buck or 2, so try that before you buy a new switch. Also figure it out if the switch is still working for not.

5literstang said:
how do i get to the lightbulb on the traction control switch? thanks

I have the retangular shaped TC button, might be different depending on what year car you have, i took out the plastic around the shifter, then the switch slides out the bottom of the plastic and you can unhook the switch, and then u can take it apart, very easy. i did mine like 2 years ago though so its been a while.