TRADE: 9 inch Lincoln Versi for 66 9 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddygt350

Mar 31, 2005
I have a 9 inch disc rearend out of a Lincoln that I would like to trade for a 9 inch for a 65 or 66 Mustang. I think that the gears in this rear are 3.00 but I am not sure. The rearend does not need to have gears, housing and axles would be fine. I am located in California Bay Area, San Jose.

• Sponsors (?)

I would rather trade for a 9 inch that I could put into the car as a replacement for the Lincoln rear. If I sell it I would need to buy another 9 inch
and that will be a little expensive ( currie housing and axles $700+). I put 17inch TTII on the car and with the car lowered it is too close. I know that the Lincoln rear is about 1/2 inch wider than stock on both sides for 65 and 66 cars so I would like to change to the stock width. The rear discs are nice but I could live without them.

I think it is actually a little wider...the leaf spring mounts are the same but the housing is a little wider....I got it off of a parts car and may not use it....I think it had late model wheel with more backspacing and that is why they fit.

tomstir

Status
Not open for further replies.