TRADE: 9 inch Lincoln Versi for 66 9 inch

Discussion in 'Engine and Power Adder' started by teddygt350, May 10, 2006.

1. teddygt350

teddygt350 New Member

I have a 9 inch disc rearend out of a Lincoln that I would like to trade for a 9 inch for a 65 or 66 Mustang. I think that the gears in this rear are 3.00 but I am not sure. The rearend does not need to have gears, housing and axles would be fine. I am located in California Bay Area, San Jose.
  2. golf4283

golf4283 Active Member

Would you be willing to part with it for cash? Or are you looking to specifically trade?
  3. teddygt350

teddygt350 New Member

I would rather trade for a 9 inch that I could put into the car as a replacement for the Lincoln rear. If I sell it I would need to buy another 9 inch
    and that will be a little expensive ( currie housing and axles $700+). I put 17inch TTII on the car and with the car lowered it is too close. I know that the Lincoln rear is about 1/2 inch wider than stock on both sides for 65 and 66 cars so I would like to change to the stock width. The rear discs are nice but I could live without them.
  4. tomstir

tomstir Founding Member

I have a 9" that came out of a 66. What is the backspace on the 17's you have?

tomstir
  5. teddygt350

teddygt350 New Member

The backspacing on the wheels is 4.75. Is the 9 inch that you have the stock width for 65 and 66?
  6. tomstir

tomstir Founding Member

I think it is actually a little wider...the leaf spring mounts are the same but the housing is a little wider....I got it off of a parts car and may not use it....I think it had late model wheel with more backspacing and that is why they fit.

tomstir
  7. wade mobley

wade mobley New Member

do you still need a rear end out of a 65 mustang

i have a 1965 ford mustang coupe with 9" rear end with drum brakes looking for lincoln rear with rotors willing to trade if still needed
  8. teddygt350

teddygt350 New Member

I may still be interested. Can you tell me what type of car the rearend came out of and the gear ratio ?