Mach 1 Trade GT for mach1? 5-speed for auto? need advice!!!!

Trade the GT for the MACH1???

• do it, mach is definatly worth it!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • stick with the stick!

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

BrutalStang

Aug 2, 2004
PA
well, its official, i cant stand the wife anymore!!! i have an 03 GT 5-speed, problem? she cant drive stick! :nonono: so if she ever needs my car, that whole day sucks for various reasons, im sure some of you guys out there can relate? :shrug: worst of all, she wont learn how to drive stick
so here is my idea, need help on if its good or not. i was thinking of trading my GT for an 03 mach1(when i got my GT, i test drove the mach several times, but the dealer wasnt dealing them at all, hence the current GT) but the mach has to be an auto. i figure my car is paid off, so i should be able to get like 17 for it i think??? and from the kelly blue book site they say a mach should be about 23, does this sound good? my reasoning for this is i could just go out and do almost a straight trade for an auto GT, but if im gonna do that, i might as well get some more power, some cooler looks, and some more rarity(plus that extra power should make up for the auto :shrug: )
any and all ideas on this would be much appreaciated, i know you guys can help me out here. some help on pricing and stuff like that is good too, but i really just need opinions on what to do here. thanks in advance for all help :nice:
o and if i do this, i may not get the 05, no biggy though, since i think the mach will be a better car

• Sponsors (?)

Tough choice.....their pro's and con's to any decision

you make. I've owned all 3 of the above cars. The Mach 5 speed is the fastest and put down 280+ and over 300 ft/lbs to the rear wheels, a sweet ride and that's what I drive now.

As you know the GT is decent but only around 230RWHP even with all the bolt-ons it won't make 300RWHP. If you're going to keep that car it's best to SC it since it's lower compression ratio is more boost friendly than the 10.1:1 compression ration of the Mach.

The Mach auto I brought for my GF she could drive a stick but I could tell she perfered an auto, she had both my 87 and 02 5-speeds and did ok with them. When I found out you could get an new 04 Auto Mach for 25k and my payments would only be 20 bucks more than the GT I decided to sell the GT and get her what she wanted. In a head to head battle the auto Mach would be hard to beat it's hard to screw up in it, but a perfect driven GT you would have a chance. The Auto's are putting down somewhere around 255RWHP but weighs a litte more. The auto will be somewhat rarer and they will make less than 3500 in a car that's total production is a little over 16k.

It's your choice but you'll like the auto Mach if you get it. Keep in mind these cars take about 2k-3k miles before they really wakeup. The auto when new would chirp 2nd but she just put 2k on this car and last week it fish tailed a little shifting into 2nd. :banana: If you get this car think about getting the Preditor for it I've heard "rave" reviews about Dialbo's new Mach program for the Auto. PM me if you have any specific questions.

thanks for the help ttown, its good to hear from some that knows both cars well. i just feel there would be to much of a loss in performance if i got an auto GT, but the mach has alot more power so i figure it wouldnt be all bad. i found an azure blue(the color i really wanted) auto right around the corner from me for 23k so that doesnt seem to bad. and since i wanted a mach in the first place this may be a good reason to go ahead and get one. unless anyone has any objections here? reasons to keep the GT? thanks again for any responses

Here's the grand total from www.mach1registry.com

The Mach comes in Azure Blue and it's a Mach only color for the 2 year build.

Here are the grand total of 2003-04 Productions Numbers for the two year production run of the Mach1

total for 2003 Mach1 was 9652

total for 2004 Mach1 was 7,182

Grand total of the 03/04 Mach1s (16,843)

Total on the colors of the 03/04 Mach1s

Torch Red/Colorado Red For 2003- (2513)

Torch red for 2004 -(1259)

Total for all Mach1 Torch red (3772)

2. Azure Blue for 2003 -(2250)

Azure Blue for 2004- (1316)

Total for all Azure Blue Mach1s (3566)

3. Black Mach1s for 2003 - (1611)

Black for 2004 -(1064)

Total for all black Mach1 -(2675)

4. Dark Shadow Gray for 2003 -(1595)

Dark Shadow Gray for 2004 -(1039)

Total for all DSG Mach1s -(2634)

5.Oxford White Mach1s for 2003 (814)

Oxford White for 2004 (697)

Total for all White Mach1s (1511)

6. Zinc yellow Mach1s for one year, 2003 total (869)

7. Screming Yellow Mach1s for one year 2004 total (768)

Total for all Yellow Mach1s are (1637)

8. Total Comp. Orange for one year for 2004 Mach1s (1039)