Trade, what do I need??

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
I am about to trade my 4runner for a mustang, even trade no cash involved. We both have titles in hand. I need to know what form we need to fill out? I am guessing just a bill of sale and sign the title over, but I just want to make sure we do it right (I am in AR, he is in FL, but has AR plates). I found this form, I think we just need to fill one out each.
http://www.arkansas.gov/dfa/motor_vehicle/forms/bill_of_sale_A7.pdf
So what do I need? Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

first of all, meet the dood in person and see the car to be traded in person, and make sure you have a lawyer handy or witness to handle all the paperwork. There was a guy on here earlier this month that did the same thing, he released his title without cashing a check he got to the other guy, and the other guy stopped the check funding and kept his title and car because legally, once you release the title, you give up the car completely. Be VERY careful before you release titles. Next, call the specific department of motor vehicles in the city or county where the vehicle is located, an contact yours as well to make sure what forms you need to fill out.

My best advice, really look over and think about what youre doing before you release a title to someone else, make sure you have the car in your hands first. Have a lawyer handy, and DO NOT expect the cops or anyone to help you fi something goes wrong, cuz legally you give your car up once you transfer title. keep your eyes open, and talk to DMV reps, not tryin to shoot you down or scare you, just sharing with you what I've seen happen to other poor souls around here. good luck man.

If it's your brother just go to the local tag office sign over the titles to each other there, and have them file them to have them changed into the correct names. If you and your brother are tight, no need for a bill of sale.