Traded in the Mustang tonight

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
She's gone. Was trying to get $9K for it and couldn't even do that.

So i traded it in for a 2006 Infiniti G35x w/ 26K miles...fully loaded with every available option + Navigation.

I'm happy, and can't wait to pick up the new ride.

I'm gonna miss my GT...but it was time for a mature ride.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought you didn't really want to get rid of the GT?!? Maybe if I post another pic of mine maybe you'll cancel the deal! J/k, congrats on the new ride. The G35 is a sweet car!

........Had to haggle a fellow stang owner for trading in. Enjoy the new toy! :nice:

You had to post your car huh? ;)

I'm gonna miss the GT..i really am. But i need a winter ride really. I commute 50 miles a day and it's tough in a RWD mustang.

Plus i really hated showing up for dates in a loud sports car. I just needed a normal quiet cozy commuter car.

I have my project 5.0. I'll still be heavily into Mustangs. :)

Pics of the new ride

BTW..it's the AWD model.

multiple_b5870_1.jpg

multiple_b5870_12.jpg

It's a nice car and you'll love on it for a few years, until the darn Mustang itch comes back. It will, it always does, even if you have one in the garage.

I drove a 4 dr Spec for a while, granted while it was no G35, I too convinced myself it was the thing to have for winter with the FWD posi and winter tires, 30 mpg, and 4 doors. I talked myself into, as I watched you convince yourself of a G35. Yup 5 years later I found myself back in a GT for a DD. Funny part is the blizzaks run better than the fwd jobby with winter force tires. In either case, it also depends on your career. While I project manage operations, I find myself never taking clients anywhere, thats for sales, so good bye 4dr hello GT.

G35's are good cars and you will certainly enjoy a change of pace.

At 30, after driving an 07 A6 4.2 quattro, I realized that I am just a Mustang kinda guy, no ifs ands or buts about it.

If I was in a field where I had to portray a facade, then I'd run the G35... 'Still say it's a great choice, don't get me wrong here.

beautiful car. Nice trade.

I agree with the date thing and a loud mustang.

Funny; my wife thinks my notch is obnoxious and ugly, but loves the 04. Most women are turned off by radical cars.

I still remembered the first date I picked my wife up on, I walked her out to the parking lot to my 2000 F-150 4x4 sport that sat plenty high being a short bed with the 17" rims and she said, " Wow, I didn't know you drove a big truck." I was thinking it's about time I hook one with a vehicle and the funny part is that I wasn't even trying to.

It's a nice car and you'll love on it for a few years, until the darn Mustang itch comes back. It will, it always does, even if you have one in the garage.

I drove a 4 dr Spec for a while, granted while it was no G35, I too convinced myself it was the thing to have for winter with the FWD posi and winter tires, 30 mpg, and 4 doors. I talked myself into, as I watched you convince yourself of a G35. Yup 5 years later I found myself back in a GT for a DD. Funny part is the blizzaks run better than the fwd jobby with winter force tires. In either case, it also depends on your career. While I project manage operations, I find myself never taking clients anywhere, thats for sales, so good bye 4dr hello GT.

G35's are good cars and you will certainly enjoy a change of pace.

At 30, after driving an 07 A6 4.2 quattro, I realized that I am just a Mustang kinda guy, no ifs ands or buts about it.

If I was in a field where I had to portray a facade, then I'd run the G35... 'Still say it's a great choice, don't get me wrong here.

You have good points and are prob right. I've driven nothing but Mustangs since i was 16...and i just want a change of pace.

3-4 years down the road who knows what I'll want then.

But right now, i have wanted a G35 for the last year...and now I got one. Already looking into mods like the Brembo brakes, OEM sport spoiler and 19" coupe wheels. :D

Now that i have gotten a nice daily ride...i can focus on getting my 5.0 up and running well

You had to post your car huh? ;)

Plus i really hated showing up for dates in a loud sports car. I just needed a normal quiet cozy commuter car.

I love showing up for dates with the cam rumbling, the loud stinky catless exhaust, & the stiff suspension, & Im 30 as well...LOL!! Most chicks actually dig my stangs!!!:nice:

Seriously though, I can relate, I have been driving the Mach for the last month or so because my DD is down right now...Sometimes the stiff suspension & clutch gets annoying & I just want something comfy & quiet with an auto trans....

The G35 is nice man... Congrats!!!:nice: If it was me, I would just tint the windows, slightly lower it, & get some nice HRE wheels & call it a day.....

Nice ride, those cars are really nice and the women looooove them.

Glad you still have the 5.0 and will be in the Mustang game. Just don't forget about us over here in 4.6 land...:)

After losing my 90 convertible in the accident in September, I lasted about 3 weeks thinking it was time for a "grown up car". Then, after driving my Explorer for those three weeks with no other option, I started looking and now have my '04 GT- which came way quicker than I even expected once the search began. I am thinking about staying stock with most things on it though (maybe even the exhaust!!!!!) so I must be getting old :eek:

Anyway, good luck with the new ride, those are sweet cars.

She's gone. Was trying to get $9K for it and couldn't even do that.

So i traded it in for a 2006 Infiniti G35x w/ 26K miles...fully loaded with every available option + Navigation.

I'm happy, and can't wait to pick up the new ride.

I'm gonna miss my GT...but it was time for a mature ride.

Mature.... That's the most retarded thing i've ever heard.:nono:

If you want a refined car that shows your interests have changed then that's a different story but there's nothing immature about a mustang.