Trading in the GT and all it's problems, getting a Mach 1

Well, I won't be dealing with the guys who have it stickered there, I'll be dealing with the dealership that sold me the GT after they wholesale the car from the other dealership, so I can get my money back on the trade. I'm hoping to end up around 20k ish for it, that's including a lojack and alarm like I put in the GT.

• Sponsors (?)

i always thought lemon laws only applied to new cars, not used, IE original owner can only be the one to try to use the Lemon Law.

you either have a really awesome dealership if theyre gonna find you a M1, or else theyre just gonna tag you along till you give up.

Well, both Machs I looked at sold, the dealership says they're working on finding another one. The GT is running better than ever, and now I'm debating adding even more to my car loan to get into the mach, especially since with the same money I'll be beyond a mach in performance with my GT if I went ahead with the blower. I guess right now it's wait and see. Also, the dealership told me that not everything on my car's warranty history might be true, because they may have been putting repairs on out of warranty cars under my car's warranty at the other dealership. I don't know if that's true or not, but we'll see what happens, and what they find...

the dealership told me that not everything on my car's warranty history might be true, because they may have been putting repairs on out of warranty cars under my car's warranty at the other dealership. I don't know if that's true or not, but we'll see what happens, and what they find...

That happens quite a bit. LOL it's called a "friendly" VIN

My employer does not do it, But I have seen it done at other places.

Well, the dealership that may or may not have done it is Pride Ford of Attelboro, MA. According to my dealership, they aren't the "upstanding guys" of the business. Again, this is all what they're saying, all while trying to keep my business. I talked to them today, and they are still on the hunt for a Mach for me, so hopefully within a month or so I'll have one. I found one in MD that I like, an azure blue 03 with Boyd Coddington smoothies wheels, magnaflow exhaust, rear window louvers, chrome shaker tubing, c/c plates, lowering springs, and some billet interior pieces with 12k miles on it for 20k. I told them to look into it and see if they could get it up here.

i always thought lemon laws only applied to new cars, not used, IE original owner can only be the one to try to use the Lemon laws.

they are only good for the new car purchase and are only in effect for the first 18 months or 18,000 miles. the vehicle has to have the same reoccuring problem for more than five trips to the repair facility and after factory reps look at the car it has to be deturmend to be unrepairable then maybe you have a case. it is very hard to get done.... but god luck if they are a good dealer and realize that they falsly advertise the vehicle and could get in trouble for that they may do what you asked...and as for them not makin any more money on you....the dealer always makes money no matter what they tell you...this from someone that works for one so i know the inside of the deal.

I did see another car I was thinking about today. A silver '01 Cobra coupe with 36000 miles on it going for $16,500. I'd rather go with the Mach, but what is the deal on the 01 snakes? weren't they the ones that were underpowered and had other issues?

I like the way they look, and the price is right, but I like the Mach better. Plus, I don't know where I stand on the IRS. I'm more of a road racer/autocrosser, so that might actually be to my advantage... Plus, insurance would be cheaper on the 01 snake than an 04 mach...

Yeah, but getting the mach sends my payments up a bit, whereas a direct trade into a 38k mile 01 cobra doesn't cost me a thing....I dunno what to do...lol. I could always just keep the GT, have the roots blower in my shed installed as planned, and whoop up on both the Mach and the Cobra....

Dude, where's your hood stripe? haha. I dunno, I can't get that Cobra out of my mind. I could keep it really stealth, I could make an 00 R replica, I could go nuts with it, and it's much cheaper than a Mach, but then again, a Mach is a Mach....My head hurts. I should just get my GT blown and go with it...more power than either of them, I already have the blower, and my insurance stays at GT prices...

i was waxing it the other day and it just really bothered me that i couldnt wax what was under some silly sticker. i actually think it looks better without :) i had a bullitt and sold it and got this mach. i want a terminator though :(

Didnt you just buy that Mach? Why you would ever want to get rid of a Mach with only 3,500 miles on it is beyond me. As funny as this sounds, I would rather have a my Mach than a terminator. terminators are badass, but out here I see them everyday, but I cant say the same for a Mach. Terminators might be faster, but with a built motor & a blower a mach can be better.

Yeah, but getting the mach sends my payments up a bit, whereas a direct trade into a 38k mile 01 cobra doesn't cost me a thing....I dunno what to do...lol. I could always just keep the GT, have the roots blower in my shed installed as planned, and whoop up on both the Mach and the Cobra....

your first problem is buying from a dealer....I got my mach with 29k miles for less than the cobra you're looking at.

Im planning on throwing rods and pistons in mine....novi 2000, built tranny and rear and some suspension mods and shooting for 650 rwhp on pump gas and 750 rwhp on race gas.