Tragedy Strikes.

140cilx

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2001
GA
My son's duck is dead. :nonono: Its name was Goose. It was only 2 1/2 years old.

We believe a racoon got it while our German Shepherd Jenny was spending the nite in my parents backyard due to construction at our place. Normally Jenny keeps the barnyard animal's safe and she is not to be implicated. Jenny is back on the job a day to late.

Surviving Goose is Salt and Pepper (Rooster and Hen), Bunny (bunny), Turbo (cat), Jenny (Dog) and Ted (turtle).

It was a real sad day Saturday for the boy and I. We walk past the turbofords to the feed bin, get the daily ration's, walk to the Bunny/Duck Pen and there's Goose, pulled tightly against the wire missing it's beak/head/neck and a portion of the shoulder. We suspect as it slept against the pen wire (bad habit for sure!) a racoon reached in, yanked it's head out and had a meal.

Mat is taking it well. He told me it was in heaven, we had a short ceremony and buried it. As four year old's will he had to totally study the corpse and provide me with details of the masacre that I woulda missed like "Racoons eat beaks."

In remembrance of Goose I'd like to say she was a fine pretty big white duck, produced many large eggs and provided excellent security services quaking whenever a car began up the driveway. She could out eat all the other animals combined and it cost about $5 a month to feed her.

Gone but not forgotten!

• Sponsors (?)

Reminds me of when I was a kid. We had at least 8 mallards all the time(one day my brother and I counted 100 in our yard, we had a lake behind us). Anyway, in the spring we always had ducklings, with multiple broods according to the number of females with us at that particular time.
Well, everytime the mother ducks would bring the babies there would be one or two missing; it really bothered us. So, we got our Dad's pellet gun and began shooting the turtles that were eating the babies.
We were pretty good shots too.
Ducks rule.

Well hopefully your duck excepted Jesus into its heart, if so its in a better place...
41297.jpg

if not....dum dum dum dummmmmm

50duck.jpg