[tranny choices] what do you think

Ruckus46Gt

Nov 26, 2003
Long Island
Ok guys its getting near the time i just have to do something. I was going to pick up a 3650 from someone but getting parts for a 3650 is impossible. My choices are get a rebuilt t45 and cross my fingers i dont break it again because there are no upgrades for these tranny's. Tremec's specs are up to 325tq while a 3650 is 360tq. Only thing that can be beefed up on a t45 is the forks and viper bearings. A rebuild for my t45 just got off the phone with someone is 6 hours labor(probely a little more cause of the lt's) plus parts. A complete rebuild kit is 360 dollars, plus around 30 dollars for the better forks, and i have to buy whatever gear is broken...probely around 100 dollars. All said and done around a thousand dollars. Or I can spend a more money and go with an automatic with a jerry mod, multi disc stall converter (4000 - 4200stall). The stall will be around 900 dollars, i can get a deal on a tranny, and odd's and ends needed will probely be another couple hundred(waiting on prices from salvage yards for swap parts). All said and done around 1400. I can however sell all my 5 speed parts(tranny, basicly new clutch, alum flywheel, pedal assembly, shifter, etc)

• Sponsors (?)

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7618

M-7003-R58.jpg

Attachments

• M-7003-R58.jpg
    M-7003-R58.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 45
4u2nv said:
Right. Don't continue with that trend. ;)

What is your budget?
realisticly the cheaper the better lol, but dont want to do this again. Already a pain casue of the lt's. I'd like to go under 1200(auto works out cause i have a brand new fidanza flywheel, mcleod street/strip clutch, frpp heavy duty pressure plate, and ford tob with less then 3,000 on it, and a tri ax shifter so that can be sold)

TR3650 are pieces of sh--!!!
My research has found that this tranny is not worth fixing. I strongly suggest finding another choice.
I too need another tranny with little cash to spend. Rebuild kit for TR3650 if found costs about $1,000.

stangg01 said:
TR3650 are pieces of sh--!!!
My research has found that this tranny is not worth fixing. I strongly suggest finding another choice.
I too need another tranny with little cash to spend. Rebuild kit for TR3650 if found costs about $1,000.

Kilgore Trout said:
TR3650s are totally pieces of shiot :rlaugh:
tr3650 > t45

He stated he's tight on cash, so a higher spec Tremec or TKO are out.
Any better ideas, other than stating the obvious? :)

Sorry mang, it was just time for a 4R70W owner to call out those TR3650 drivin biotches that are always bagging on autos :rlaugh:

And whose shift forks are always a bendin and gears are always a grindin? :D

Kilgore Trout said:
Sorry mang, it was just time for a 4R70W owner to call out those TR3650 drivin biotches that are always bagging on autos :rlaugh:

And whose shift forks are always a bendin and gears are always a grindin :banana:
No worries.
His options are limited largely by budget, so a rebuilt 3650 is about all he can do or find a helluva donation from another Stang. I advise avoiding the t45.