Tranny Problem Or Abs? Weird Problem

JonnyD

Jul 20, 2012
Hi guys, I have a base 2000 Mustang 3.8 with a manual transmission with 91k miles. I recently took it to my tire guy to replace a worn tire. I had them replace one front tire and patch the other side so the front end was in the air. Once they were done working on my car they dropped the car rather fast and unevenly ( First the driver side came down, then the passenger). Once I got in the car and started it the THEFT light started blinking rapidly so I backed out and parked it out the way. I shut the car off and went outside to put the center caps on my wheels and when I started it up again, I had no blinking theft light anymore. However once I got on the road, the car sounded like the governor was kicking in after I got past 30 MPH. Not sure how I thought of it but I turned off the traction control and I was able to shift with no problems. So now my car won't go faster than 30 MPH unless I turn off T/C. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. I have no Check Engine light or any other lights on the dash. Also I hooked it up to my OBD scanner and took it to AUTOZONE to use their scan tool but I get no codes.

• Sponsors (?)