Tranny Question Wont go in gear *Searched*

dre2013

Jun 13, 2004
I own a 94 GT and i cant get shift into 2, 4, or Reverse.I had been driving it around yesterday and noticed it was getting harder to get into 2nd then eventually began to grind when i tried to put it in. Now Nothing. I Can get into 1,3,5 Fine i even drove home using 1,3,5 but just cant get into 2,4,R i have a short shifter installed but everything worked fine before....p

• Sponsors (?)

at quick glance it sounds like your rear stop on the shifter for 2,4,r is adjusted wrong. I would start there and re-adjust the shifter.
After that what kind of clutch cable do you have adjustable non adjustable. more info on the car would be great.

I am having the same exact problem... Mine started after my clutch install... could not get into 2nd or 4th everything else is fine... Mine is NOT the shift stop!!!!!!!! I havent worried about it over the winter but now i am trying to figure out the problem... i am going to check my clutch adjustment but cant imagine it is that because it would be all the gears and not just 2nd and 4th.... Let me know if you figure it out....

Edit..... I just re-read your post and saw that you cant get into rev.. either.... I Can get into reverse.... so your problem does sound like it is the shift stop.... what kind of shifter do you have????