trans and torque converter

paintballpyro1

Jan 6, 2004
Michigan
Well my trans has been leaking again around the check plug at the bottom of the trans(rubber grommet) Ive had my trans rebuilt 3 times now over 3-4years. Ive notcied that my car when i put my peddle down doesnt "get up and go" it takes a sec or 2(after revving up to 3-3.5k then feels like someone kicked it in the rear)

My car has only a few mods along with 4:10 gears, Its a 96 mustang gt

My question is
Would my tc be leaking/cracked if its comming that plug?
What stall speed and size should i get if its the problem?
I know they can be expensive but what would work best for a budget?

• Sponsors (?)

Get someone else to rebuild your next transmission. 3 rebuilds in 3 years sounds like 2 too many. That is unless you are very hard on the transmission. If so, do you have any transmission cooling mods?

Leaking from the inspection hole could be the torque converter or the pump. Either requires the transmission to be removed in order to repair.

I am hard on it a bit, i recently added an aftermarket trans cooler to it as well. I kept losing second gear when i need a rebuild cause the 2nd gear diode kept breaking until they replaced it with the metal one, and the last one was they modified the shift kit and a spring came loose and pretty much destroyed the trans and they couldn't figure out what was wrong so they got me a new one. but like im saying its leaking from that hole, i pretty sure its the stock converter and the car does have 180k on it.