Trans Cooler Install ... HELP!!!

TrickFlowd

May 17, 2003
Sayre, PA
I just finished installing my SPT-2 VB from Silverfox and decided to tackle the cooler at the same time. I have the cooler mounted behind the front bumper and am ready to hook up the lines. Its a FMS cooler and it says to hook the cooler "in series" with the factory cooler. Meaning, it must be hooked up so the tranny oil flows through the FMS cooler AFTER it flows through the factory cooler (attached to the radiator obviously).

Question is ... Which line is the return line to the tranny and which line is the feed line to the factory cooler from the tranny on a 92 LX 5.0? Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC, the bottom line is the line leaving the stock heat-exchanger (fluid goes in the top and out the bottom). If you pop the bottom line off, connect a hose to the heat exchanger (in the radiator) and crank the engine, fluid should come out of the heat exchanger.

That is correct on what he is saying. Depending on how much power and stall you have you may encounter a cooling problem. Which I had with my mustang when it was setup that way. Car alway use to run hot since the racing A.O.D with 3200 stall I had ran on the hot side as well.

What I did was I bought a seperate unit with a fan and took off the factory lines and just ran it to that cooler now. So no my Rad temp stays nice and cool like it should. So just keep that in the back of your mind incase the car tarts running hot.

That makes sense. The car isn't driven hard that often. I only take it out like once a week if that...and maybe twice a year to the track. But I will definately keep that in mind incase I run into any problems. Thanks guys!!! :nice: