Trans issues. TR3650. Leaking a bunch. WTF!

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. Looks like my trans is on the outs. I've never been happy with it, and a while back I had issues with it burning up fluid and blowing out smoke, to the point where it was making enough drag in the drive line that the motor would get detonation. I changed the fluid and it seemed OK for about two months, but over the last few days I've smelled something burning, the shifts have gotten notchy, and the pinging is back. I looked under the car, and apparently my fluid has been leaking out the tail of the tranny where the drive shaft goes in, and pooling on my prochamber where it's burning off. I'm taking it to the local Ford dealer tomorrow AM since I have an extended warranty. I'm hoping to talk them into replacing the whole deal, since it's obviously been over stressed, it's whining pretty bad, and it vibrates some in 3rd. Compared to Mach 1s I've test driven, my 3650 blows. I'm really hoping that they don't just put a new seal in it and send me out the door. It's sad that my 150k mile T5 in my old 87 held up better than this thing at 46k. :nonono: Anyway, just wanted to rant.

• Sponsors (?)