Trans Pan Leak

JoshGT87

Jun 11, 2003
Arkansas
Alright, I bought a Lentech trans and at the 500 mile service interval I changed the filter and pan gasket. Well it was leaking pretty bad so yesterday I thought Id change it, better go ahead and bite the bullet, you know its an expensive trans. Went ahead and changed the filter while I was in there put on the new cork :notnice: gasket, and filled her up. Put the car up for the night, went to work, when I left work I noticed a pretty big puddle, of shiny new trans fluid where my car was parked. Got home, opened the garage, and what looked like a quart of shiny new trans fluid. Here comes the tricky part, as I was putting the pan on I cross threaded a pan bolt. :bang: I know I know, now I get to heli coil that. But when I checked the fluid it was right on the money. Surely one cross threaded bolt wont make it leak that bad? Did I overfill it and make it blow out the cork? I cant figure out how to get it to seal, and its not a fun job laying on your back. I emailed lentech and asked about silicone and they said No Silicone! Any other gasket I can use besides cork? Thanks for the help.

Josh

Theres another post on header gaskets titled What the Crap? if any one wants to take a shot at that one. Thanks again.

• Sponsors (?)