trans t-5 question

gaskincrew

Oct 8, 2011
purchased 93 5.0, got running and tried to ease in first and car tried to take off, lifted rear tires and car took gear but tires started rolling , so i new clutch was not engageing, checked cable and adjustment and its adjusted and trans correctly, i removed clutch and not completly worn out but ran tag off trans and its a 3.8 v-6 trans , it has 157 flywheel,10.5 clutch and mustang 5.0 bellhousing, the trans was bolted up ok , just wondering if ive missed anything before condem the pressure blate:( im a beginner fox owner didnt even know the v6 would work in a 5.0 fox,, who knew....

• Sponsors (?)

installed just bellhousing and installed trans up to bell housing and the gap between 2 is about 1/8 inch , the prior owner must have forced onto bellhousing which is meaning the input shaft has never been changed?? input shaft is going all the way in the pilot and bottoms out and the gap is 1/8 inch, also u think this could explane the clutch never fully releasing and pulling when clutch is fully pressed

Input shaft is pushed in waaaay top far pressing against crank.

Inspect your pilot bearing and crank for damage. You may need to replace pilot bearing at minimum.

Measure the input shaft lenght to confirm if its a 1994 input

Either use 94-95 5.0 bell housing, or change the shaft out.

its to long that explains the constant rotation of input shaft, they never changed the shaft, or bellhousing,, i think all is well, just glad i caught it the motor was just put in befor i purchased and thank goodness they had bad fuel pump relay and never drove it , i, is there not a spacer for allowing the difference for an easy fix??? thanks.,

fixed it

i did not change bell housing or input shaft,, i took the input shaft and i machined it where it was contacting the crank and it allowed the input shaft to go into the pilot bearing and not allow the splines to lock onto the crank, so you can use v6 trans and not change anything,, per trial and error little bit of filing:lol:

I just hope you didn't compromise the strength or balance of the input shaft by cutting it down. I would definitely recommend swapping it out fore a fox input shaft to gaurantee you will have no issues. I would go that route rather than a sn95 bellhousing just to keep the normal shifter location. Keep us updated.