Transmission Help

TSWG00

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2002
Snohomish, WA
I was just wondering if anyone has tried a Streight cut gear transmission. I was thinking about getting one but I'm not sure as to how good they are. On a side note I think an Formula 1 type gear box would be cool using the paddle shifter like the F355 Spider. Wonder of any one has tried that? That would be pretty sweet lol.

• Sponsors (?)

TSWG00 said:
I was just wondering if anyone has tried a Streight cut gear transmission. I was thinking about getting one but I'm not sure as to how good they are. On a side note I think an Formula 1 type gear box would be cool using the paddle shifter like the F355 Spider. Wonder of any one has tried that? That would be pretty sweet lol.

I think that would be damn near impossible to setup in a stang.

TSWG00 said:
I have been looking at the G-Froce T-5's they look like they are pretty cool had anyone used them before?

AFAIK, a G-force T5 is just a regular T5 with the upgraded bearings, gears etc. It's supposed to handle like 350 tq. or something like that. I know a few quys that use it and like it.

you dont want straight cut gears on a road car.

Like Chris said, the G-force has beefed internals. At that point, the trans case is the weak point.

It would be very costly to retrofit a paddle shifter set up.

Good luck.

I know a guy that had his TKO gears straight cut. He says it is a massive improvement on the track, but if you plan to street it, DO NOT DO IT. Not a good idea for a daily driver.

My next tranny will be a G-Force upgrade ..... unless at the time I can afford to get a new TKO 600.

This is not going to be my daily drive anymore I'm getting a truck. As for the paddle shift I have seen a concept mustang with it, there where I got the idea. I had a shop tell me that they could do it for me If I wanted it. Soon my stang is just going to be used in the summer time.