TRANSMISSION!!! NO!!!!!

94GTCoupe

10 Year Member
May 7, 2006
CA
this afternoon i was going to get stuff for dinner(spagetti..mmm)as the light turned green i stepped on the gas but did not go anywhere.the rpms went to 3k,so i let off the gas and and it caught and started moving.it happened 3 times on the way home,all at stop lights/signs.the car is a 94 gt with rebuilt auto.any guess's.

• Sponsors (?)

where did you get your mlps,and for how much?i checked the tranny fluid,was a little low.filled it back up but have not driven it yet.lets hope that was the problem.

the ford stealership (like $100) or autozone (like $21)

I replaced mine, but it did not fix it. Talked to a transmission guy and he told me to pull the harness, if it had fluid in it its bad. It had fluid in it, but I have not gotten a new one yet.

If you search mlps, you should get more info.

problem still there.heres the breakdown; stop at red light,idle at 800-900rpms,turns green,step on gas,car revs to 2500-3000 rpms,goes nowhere,ease a little off gas,catches gear and goes,pushing me back against my seat.only happens at a stop.cruises fine,downshifts fine,car has good power,not ignition,not fuel.looked under car no leaks.fluid level is good.no mods before this issue.i ran code scan.none stored,KOER test all good.cylinder balance test good.what could cause the problem i described,im running out of ideas and am asking please help.signing off now but please post your thoughts.thank you very much.:)

I'm assuming this is an automatic. It sounds like it slipping mechanically and an electronic aid will only do so much. The reason I say that is because it happens when you stop, right? All th fluid moves forward in the tranny because of centrfiugal motion and then when revved, the pressure is forced back. Have it checked by a good tranny shop or take it back to the one that rebuilt it.

had the rebuild done by a local garage about a year ago.only happens at complete stop.lastnight leaving my brothers to my place had 7 complete stops,happened once.does not slip while driving,or turning.added more fluid.went to store this morning, 8 complete stops,did not happen once.

davis3 said:
had the rebuild done by a local garage about a year ago.only happens at complete stop.lastnight leaving my brothers to my place had 7 complete stops,happened once.does not slip while driving,or turning.added more fluid.went to store this morning, 8 complete stops,did not happen once.

The fact that you keep adding fluid has me puzzled. Do you have any leaks?

I've seen this with low fluid before, but if it's full it sound like maybe a torque converter or something like that.

no leaks.this is the first time i have added fluid since the rebuild.bought a quart of valvoline max life.added mabye half quart.think i need to change fluid and filter?

I dunno why this happens but I think its slippinmg bands or clutches. I have a stick and about as much as I know about autos is how a planitary gearset works. But the same thing happend to my moms 94 windstar. When cold it was fine but as soon as it warmed up and you stopped, the motor would rev and you would go nowhere but then it would drop into gear and squal the tires and you were off. My moms mechanic edned up replacing the tranny after trying a shift solenoid (which was not the culprit). Anyways I'm quiite sure its an internal mechanical problem in the tranny so if your rebuild was warrantied...then go back to them. Considering the exact same thing happend to my mom I am curious...I'm going to check back to see what you figure out. Back then I didn't have the stand and I drove the car mor than she did and I got blamed for the tranny being busted so I would love to know what exactly was happening because I didn't think it was my fault.....Never mind me, as you can see I have some personal issues with this problem....good luck.

Sorry I'm kinda drunk:p ...I meant to say (towards the end of the paragraph) was that I dorve my moms windstar more than she did at the time (since I didnt have a car then) and she blamed me for the tranny blowing up...so I have a personal stake in your problem...:p :nonono: I f I wasn't drunk I woulden't be trying to explain myself in the first place....Never mind me. SCOTCH, SCOTCH, SCOTCH, I LOVE SCOTCH, DOWN INTO MY BELLY...and so on and so forth.:nice: