Transmission question

I have had my GT (5sp) for a few days now and I noticed that if I am moving slow ~20mph and I let the clutch out quickly, as opposed to smoothly, after I shift, I hear a clunking sound. I assuming that it is the transmission, but is this clunking sound normal? I didn't really notice it on my 2000 5sp v6 :shrug: . Someone tell me I am just being overly paranoid.....please

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

There has been an ongoing discussion at Brad's site about this sound. Concensus says that it is normal for the Tremec (Manual) transmission.

But if it bothers, you that much, contact your dealer's service dep't

The clunk you are hearing is probably from the gear backlach in the rear end.

I can make my 2001 MTX GT do the same thing by letting out the clutch real fast.

PittPerson said:
I have had my GT (5sp) for a few days now and I noticed that if I am moving slow ~20mph and I let the clutch out quickly, as opposed to smoothly, after I shift, I hear a clunking sound. I assuming that it is the transmission, but is this clunking sound normal? I didn't really notice it on my 2000 5sp v6 :shrug: . Someone tell me I am just being overly paranoid.....please

Chris

Yes. Im getting that at times also. Whether that is normal or not I will leave to the experts :D

Clunk noise on hard acceleration

I see where you other owners are getting the same noise that I am getting out of my automatic trans in your manual trans.... I noticed it twice today, on hard (passing acceleration). Any info from Ford yet? Thanks. Jon :banana: