Transmission/shifter vibration at low rpms

Gr0und_Fault

May 26, 2004
I have a 95 mustang with all stock parts other than a cold air intake. I have some problems with the trans/shifter vibrating at low rpms. When I take off in 1st gear the transmission shakes alot up until i get to about 1500 rpms or so. Same when i am in 2 - 4 gears as well. When I shift into 5th gear the vibrations are extremely bad until the rpms get to about 2k+. There was a check engine light that came on for a "cylinder 2 misfire" which just seemed to be a loose plug wire because I took it off and put it back on, and after I cleared the code it has not come back on since. I am still getting a very bad vibration coming from the shifter/trans as stated above though. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem as I and how they solved it. I was thinking the shaking may be from a bad trans mount or even a bad u-joint but I do not know how to check to see if the u-joint or the transmission mounts are good/bad. Can anyone please help me?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I found the problem, the misfire came back so I swapped out the coil pack. I just found it odd how my whole tranny was shaking from the coil pack being bad. Ah well, at least I found what was causing my problems. Thanks for your help though jgt