Transmission Swap Questions

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by destroyer179, Nov 28, 2013.

1. destroyer179

destroyer179 New Member

I'll start by saying I'm brand new to mustangs. I recently received 95 coupe in trade. It has the super charged engine from a thunderbird in it and an auto trans. I have been trying to search for someone that is in the same position as me but not coming up with much. My question is, are there 5 speeds from mustangs that work with that 3.8 or would the M5R2 from a tbird fit? Any more info needed I can find out or take pictures. Any info on this is appreciated.
  2. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Good question. Please don't think we are ignoring your question, but I'm honestly not familiar with that engine. I'm sure there is a transmission that will work though.

Kurt
  3. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

I don't know the answer, but the engine is a 3.8L just like what was in the mustang as a base model offering.

Just searching around online shows it can be done. Not sure on the exact parts needed, but you would basically perform a t5 swap to your car as if it was a normal 3.8L using an sn95 t-5 transmission.

You might want to check here and ask around, but I'm guessing you just simply perform a t-5 swap to your car

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=995591
  4. destroyer179

destroyer179 New Member

Thanks for the information. Sounds like the t5 has a lot more options as far as being a real performance trans which is what I would want in case I do anything with the engine, also seem to have more readily available parts in case it would need rebuilt. Since I've only owned it a few weeks I'm in the research stage for almost everything and am looking at supercoupeperformance.com and these forums for ideas.