Transmission Swap Questions

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by destroyer179, Nov 28, 2013.

1. I'll start by saying I'm brand new to mustangs. I recently received 95 coupe in trade. It has the super charged engine from a thunderbird in it and an auto trans. I have been trying to search for someone that is in the same position as me but not coming up with much. My question is, are there 5 speeds from mustangs that work with that 3.8 or would the M5R2 from a tbird fit? Any more info needed I can find out or take pictures. Any info on this is appreciated.

2. Good question. Please don't think we are ignoring your question, but I'm honestly not familiar with that engine. I'm sure there is a transmission that will work though.

Kurt

3. I don't know the answer, but the engine is a 3.8L just like what was in the mustang as a base model offering.

Just searching around online shows it can be done. Not sure on the exact parts needed, but you would basically perform a t5 swap to your car as if it was a normal 3.8L using an sn95 t-5 transmission.

You might want to check here and ask around, but I'm guessing you just simply perform a t-5 swap to your car

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=995591

4. Thanks for the information. Sounds like the t5 has a lot more options as far as being a real performance trans which is what I would want in case I do anything with the engine, also seem to have more readily available parts in case it would need rebuilt. Since I've only owned it a few weeks I'm in the research stage for almost everything and am looking at supercoupeperformance.com and these forums for ideas.