transmisson probelms HELPP!

Andy golip

Mar 7, 2013
Since I got my mustang it seems like at times it shifts weird, like if you accelerate fast it waits till almost 25000 rpms to shift(seems a little high, ). then when your just going down the road not driving fast seems like it shifts into higher gears to fast so it will be in like 4th gear at like 45 mph, once and while not often sometimes it will shake if i give it gas when its like that. it still has good pick up when its like that. there might be a torque converter on it that im not sure when i bought it. I smelled the trans fluid and its not too strong and it doesnt smell too bad. very well nothing could be wrong im just worried there is something wrong with the trans. I just need to know. please let me know whatever you know

• Sponsors (?)

My car used to run like that stock. I got a SCT tuner and I changed all my shift points (automatic). Shifting at 2500 is normal for a stock v6, I would not worry about that at all. however the shaking issue i have not experienced, and smelling your trans is not right.