Transporting Fox from FL to CO

boostfrk

10 Year Member
Aug 30, 2011
Colorado
We're planning on moving this coming summer (2013) back home to Colorado Springs, and currently live near Cocoa Beach, FL. We've got 3 cars and only 2 drivers which means 1 car is probably going to have to be shipped unless I decide to drive it out there by myself and fly back to Florida.

My wife suggested we just sell the Fox...:nono:

I recall a member on here who either runs or worked at a transport company located in Florida. I remember seeing it in his sig, and thinking "I'll remember that"...well now I don't.

Does anyone have a company they have used in the past they have been happy with? It's not a show car by any means but I don't want it to show up beat to hell.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, i'd just find someone you trust. Maybe an out of work friend or college kid who needs to earn some cash. Pay him to drive the car and fly back. That's me though.

when we bought 45 back in august I drove down to orlando and rented a uhaul trailer and towed her back. Thing pulled arrow straight even at 75 and 80. Look on Jalopyjournal.com under hamb o dex, there are a few guys on there that ship and come with good references.

I know this won't help you any but I just drove my '93 LX from Cleveland, TN to Colorado Springs a couple of months ago. I'm stationed out here at Peterson AFB.

It does, so long as my car is as reliable as yours. We were at Peterson from '08-'11. Absolutely loved it, which is why we're going back.

when we bought 45 back in august I drove down to orlando and rented a uhaul trailer and towed her back. Thing pulled arrow straight even at 75 and 80. Look on Jalopyjournal.com under hamb o dex, there are a few guys on there that ship and come with good references.

This is the other option. I might just rent a trailer and tow it behind our Pilot. Figure it would be cheaper than paying someone to transport it, and it's in my control.

Honestly, i'd just find someone you trust. Maybe an out of work friend or college kid who needs to earn some cash. Pay him to drive the car and fly back. That's me though.

as long as the car is in good enough shape to make the drive this is what i would do also..

a friend moved to south carolina early this year. he took his two trucks with him and i drove his srt challenger dow for him a few weeks later. he would have put me on a train or a flight back if i wanted but i just had my other half follow me down so we could make a nice long weekend out of it and visit other friends down in that area. think it worked out well for everyone.

I had my last fox shipped from Cali to Texas and it was $660. It was cheaper than driving it and didnt have to worry about breaking down, etc. I'd definitely recommend doing that and would do it again myself if it came to it.

Make sure though - contact the transporter directly and NOT a broker. I could have saved even more money that way.

shipped a car from georgia to indiana for $700. wasnt the cheapest but could have been cheaper had i found someone already coming this way.

Was just a dude i contacted through Uship, car showed up like this:

image[1] (2).jpeg

If youre that desperate, its the way to go. Had i more time, i would have found an alternative route.

I used Continental Auto Carriers and had no problems whatsoever. I believe they are based in Florida too. Check them out. I didn't have any success with UShip or other brokers that just want sales.

Thanks all. I'll look into some of these carriers and get some quotes when the time gets closer. If it's going to be too expensive I'll just rent a U-Haul trailer and tow it behind our Pilot.

you will have to contact Uhaul they might not let you tow a car behind the pilot unless its able to do so. I know my F150 towing the car trailer was still a big load.

good luck on whatever you do

you will have to contact Uhaul they might not let you tow a car behind the pilot unless its able to do so. I know my F150 towing the car trailer was still a big load.

good luck on whatever you do

Interesting...I didn't know they regulated this. Do they have a database for determining what SUV's towing capabilities are?