Tremec Vs T5

BDAWK2002

Apr 28, 2005
Old Bridge N.J.
I am building a AODE to t5 swap kit.Should I spend the extra money and get the Tremec TKO500. I am building my own kit because I want to use as many new and upgraded parts as possible.The difference in the two transmissions is like $300 so I'm prolly just gonna get the Tremec.It looks like the whole package is gonna cost me like $3000.The only parts that are gonna be used are the pedal assy & wiring harness.I'm gonna try and use the aode computer and see what happens.
I also left a deposit today down at Laroccas perf. today to have my rear completely rebuilt with 3:73's,new axles,diff,everything.The Bassini BX exhaust is on the way x-pipe and cat back.And I found a set of 97 cobra wheels that I have been searching for on e-bay.So my car is finally gonna get the makeover I've been planning since I got it 8yrs ago. :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone know where I can find the pedal assy and wiring harness from?I found it at MPS but the price seems a little inflated for the two parts when their not in the kit.Im looking to trade my old AODE (which shifts fine) for those two parts and a 5 spd computer (which I'll proly need).Any takers? :D

MadHandle8169 said:
How much did LaRocca's quote you for the gear install and all the rear-end work?
It's gonna be about $1400 to $1500 for all the work.He's doing everything,the housing will be gutted to nothing then completely rebuilt.Also getting new abs ring's (the old ones will prolly break),the stronger diff cover and the longer wheel suds in the rear.They told me the brands of the parts but I forget.I dont care anyway I trust the shop I have delt with them before and they have a good rep...

stang_dan said:
my home in NJ is like 5 min from laraccos and they do very good work i do my own tho cause they are expensive but when i can afford it i go with them.
dan

:OT: HEY bdawk u know kevin render drives a 80 malibu hes at englistown all the time
No I dont,I havent been to e-town in like 12 years since I had my 89 GT.I'll be looking to change that once I get these parts put in.Prolly go on wed. nites just to learn how to run.