Tremec....

whtnotch

Jan 8, 2007
Chicago
:notnice: I'm starting to hate this company.I'm on my second one now.

My trans makes a grinding like noises when clutch is released once its pushed back in it goes away.It's not the throwout bearing for sure.
My buddys lil brother has an Integra that was doing the same thing we took the trans apart and found the front input shaft bearing was in pieces.Is it possible this is what happened to me?
Is there a Tremec parts catalog?or a break down?

thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

huh. i know for sure that if you have a quite exhaust , the tko's do rumble a little bit with the clutch disengaged and in neutral but that is normal. Did you call D and D performance? you say grinding though

I didn't buy through D&D so they will not help me. It sounds more like sand inside of a large bearing. I'm bought to toss this tranny and through my t-5 back in never had a problem with the t-5.Since i had the first TKO its been in and out of my car about 20 times no B.S if you kept up with my past posts you'll know what I'm going through.

thanks

I called D&D they will NOT help me cause I didn't buy off them. I purchase through Rockland Standard Gear.Man, if I knew what I was getting into with this I Would deff go a different route..Can someone tell me how to change front main input shaft bearing on A TKHOE 600 trans?

hey Short throw 50 does your trans make any noise while in neutral and clutch released.

yeah mine rumbles in neutral since the day i got it. you cant here it though unless your under the car. Called those guys up and they told me it was the input shaft and they all do it. I called around and did some reaerch and it seems like the majority do that. Hasnt gotten any worse and it doesnt bother me becuase i cant hear it over the exhaust. Just how bad does your do this?

yeah, except for you can only hear it under the car and you have to really listening for it too.. you cant hear it anywhere else becuase i have headers cattless h pipe and flowmaster exhaust. Maybe your just being paranoid. I dont know for sure though.

Are you guy's saying it sounds like the throw out bearing is ridding? Cause thats what mine sounds like in nutruel and no clutch, also i just had mine rebuilt by a factory trained tremac tech and 2nd to 3rd it grinds a touch and same with 3rd to 4th. this only happenas at high RPM's. does anyone else's do this? do you think it's just bad miss clutch adjustment? peace

john:p

When I'm in neutral with the clutch not pressed in I can hear the input shaft spinning away. It's totally normal on those. I wouldn't call it a grinding, but your sand description sounds about right.

Ya mabey paranoid but ya sounds a little like throw out bearing riding a bit or input shaft spinning. If you guys say its normal then i'm all good. I will keep those links handy just in-case. Thanks alot this has been bothering me for a while and on the 2nd one they will not cover me another one.
I guess I can proceed on the build a stroker short block or supercharger...?don't wat to do just yet.

Do you have a firewall adjuster and a quadrant for your clutch cable or are you running the stock setup. If you are stock, I highly recommend getting the FWA and quadrant. That will help rule out any throw out bearing problems when properly adjusted.