Tri-Ax or Pro 5.0 ....

ugh.....i wouldnt put a mac product on my car if it was given to me. every mac product i have had the displeasure of coming in contact with either fell apart a month after it was bought or needed a sledgehammer and crowbar to get it to fit properly. whether it is marketing presence or not, i would stick with either the tri-ax or pro 5.0 since both have been proven to be great products. i personally have a tri-ax, but that decision was made based on the fact that steeda is 30 minutes from me and i was able to go pick it up.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not suggesting getting the MAC. But look at the Downs and UPR. They look REALLY good. Plus I've heard great things about the B&M and the Hurst. I think the majority of the selling points of any shifter is just personal preference. There isnt that much to a shifter, its just a freakin lever. All you have to do is make it stop, feel solid, have short throws and not break and you have a winner.

All this is is just another my Bassani X pipe rules and your Prochamber sucks thread. You are going to like the shifter that you have because its yours. You are going to hate the others (even though the majority have not tried them) because yours has to be better. To each their own. Get the Triax or Pro 5.0 and they will continue to rule the market and raise their prices while the others are cheaper and just as good. :nice:

UPR Blue Thunder shifter :nice: :nice: :nice:

It is the price of a MAC with the quality of a Tri-Ax.

I drag race and drive like a maniac and I have yet to miss a shift with it. I like the UPR's heavy rate springs that center the stick for the 2-3 shift.

My only comparison is the Pro-5.0 and noticed that it is similar to mine in feel but can't beat the price.

Also, I had no problems with UPR or its product. I have had it for 2yrs now.

Yeah the UPR shifter looks like a really well designed unit. I just saw a BBK and an SLP shifter too. The BBK looks really nice. The SLP shifter looks kinda ify but then again, looks dont mean crap.

47602grippt-5.jpg

47602Tremec_shifter_LRG.gif

jmuva44 said:
All this is is just another my Bassani X pipe rules and your Prochamber sucks thread. You are going to like the shifter that you have because its yours. You are going to hate the others (even though the majority have not tried them) because yours has to be better. To each their own. Get the Triax or Pro 5.0 and they will continue to rule the market and raise their prices while the others are cheaper and just as good. :nice:

First of all, I've owned 2 aftermarket shifters, not just 1...and I prefer the Pro 5.0.

Second, I don't hate the other shifters just because I own and like my Pro 5.0. I'm just saying why take a chance on something that you may not like, when the Steeda and Pro 5.0 are two shifters that are proven to be pretty much the best? It's pretty much a sure bet that someone coming from the stock shifter will like either one, which is NOT the case with exhaust where tastes vary wildly with the aftermarket stuff.

Thats fine, you've owned two. The two that everyone else has owned.

All I'm saying is, there are cheaper ones that people HAVE tried, HAVE liked, ARE proven as well and ARE cheaper, and JUST as good. They just arent advertised by every Mustang company in every magazine. If you like your Steeda or 5.0 then thats awesome. I like my Steeda too! :) Its just that there are a lot of great products out there and a lot of great companies but names like Triax, Fluidyne, Tweecer, seem to be the only products that exist for their own category.

As far as shifters are concerned, most of it is personal preference! You either like the feel or you dont. You like the looks or you dont. You like the brand name or you dont. Some are not as great as others maybe but for the most part they are just copies of each other anyways...its a shifter! As long as it allows for you to shift, its doing its job. Its a two piece lever that changes gears. Its nothing ingenious. Thats what I"M saying. :)

BTW...you knew that the B&M short throw is standard in the new 2005 right? The guy I bought my triax from liked the B&M better than the triax I now have. See....its all personal preference. Not everyone likes the triax and the Pro 5.0 like everyone thinks they do. Some people dont like them but like the UPR, some people like the Hurst. Its all about what feels right to them personally. You can't generalize what people are going to like. Oh yeah, X pipes rule!!!!

See, thats all you can say and i respect that. You've tried both, you like this one better than the other and this one is cheaper. You arent trying to persuade others to get the Triax based on YOUR opinions.

What i dont like is, "I have a triax and triax rules!! I've heard from this guys fathers mothers daughters friend that the Hurst sux! Dont get a Hurst, get a Triax!!!!" Thats what annoys me. If you've only tried two then all you REALLY know is that the one is better than the other. If only one, then you dont know crap which is why I say I like my triax but other companies may be just as good.