Trick Flow 11r Heads - 190~205

• Sponsors (?)

You can argue valve angles and their effect on flow until you're blue in the face, but a clear advantage to the Twisted Wedge heads is that you can mill them a lot to achieve lots of compression and the valves are more likely to have clearance with the pistons than a conventional inline valve head would.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the 11r the top head? No but it does make some pretty impressive power and that's a fact!
If you ask me head design and valve angle only play a part in the process of making a head great. Flow is one of the biggest deciding factors when it comes to making more and more horsepower. Flow is typically measured in cfm, the more flow the greater the volume of air and fuel mixture you can deliver to the engine. One of trickflows top performers is the HiPort. These can make some rediculous power with a power adder car, in excess of 2,000 hp with a minimal amount of cylinder head work. I personally have the TFS R cylinder heads. Mine are more or less out of the box with trickflows cnc program. We have made some very small changes to the cylinder heads but were able to make over 1800 hp with them still keeping the timing and afr on the conservative side.

^^^ what they said!! I do know that the 205cc head is capable of supporting about 650hp n/a and around 1000hp w/boost right otb. They also come with some high quality valvetrain components.

The heads themselves are completely different designs. The street heat is your standard tfs cylinder head. 170cc runner etc this is a 15 degree intake valve and 17 degree exhaust valve. The track heat sports a different spring package as far as I know. The 11r features a 11 degree intake valve angle and 13 degree exhaust valve angle. It is available in a 190 or 205 cc runner. The Highport keeps the standard 20 degree valve angle but features a 225 or 240cc runner. These also can be ported to accommodate runners even larger. The tfs R has the same valve angle as the 170 head but is available in a 205,206 or 225 cc runner. The highport seems to be the class racer go to head for a lot of applications. It uses the stock 20degree valve angle and flows some pretty impressive numbers. The 11r is the newest offering from trickflow and has really been making some serious power from some of the initial testing that i've seen.

Reactions: 1 users
You can argue valve angles and their effect on flow until you're blue in the face, but a clear advantage to the Twisted Wedge heads is that you can mill them a lot to achieve lots of compression and the valves are more likely to have clearance with the pistons than a conventional inline valve head would.

What did you like about your 205's, whic sub type are those??

What did you like about your 205's, whic sub type are those??

My 205s are the old TW design, not the 11R. They flowed 319 CFM @ .600" IIRC.

They are good heads. They are not really OTS pieces. TEA put them together for me with nice springs and titanium retainers and milled to 61cc.

The kicker is, you'd be hard pressed to find any other aftermarket head that flows North of 300 CFM and still bolts onto a STOCK '86 bottom end with true flat top pistons and no need for cutting valve reliefs. My cam is fairly mild so that helps the valve clearance thing, but it still says a lot. You'd never come close to being able to doing that with a set of AFRs or Eddies.

My 205s are the old TW design, not the 11R. They flowed 319 CFM @ .600" IIRC.

They are good heads. They are not really OTS pieces. TEA put them together for me with nice springs and titanium retainers and milled to 61cc.

The kicker is, you'd be hard pressed to find any other aftermarket head that flows North of 300 CFM and still bolts onto a STOCK '86 bottom end with true flat top pistons and no need for cutting valve reliefs. My cam is fairly mild so that helps the valve clearance thing, but it still says a lot. You'd never come close to being able to doing that with a set of AFRs or Eddies.
Thats interesting, what is your lift btw??

The heads themselves are completely different designs. The street heat is your standard tfs cylinder head. 170cc runner etc this is a 15 degree intake valve and 17 degree exhaust valve. The track heat sports a different spring package as far as I know. The 11r features a 11 degree intake valve angle and 13 degree exhaust valve angle. It is available in a 190 or 205 cc runner. The Highport keeps the standard 20 degree valve angle but features a 225 or 240cc runner. These also can be ported to accommodate runners even larger. The tfs R has the same valve angle as the 170 head but is available in a 205,206 or 225 cc runner. The highport seems to be the class racer go to head for a lot of applications. It uses the stock 20degree valve angle and flows some pretty impressive numbers. The 11r is the newest offering from trickflow and has really been making some serious power from some of the initial testing that i've seen.
Good lord, hope they're cutting you a check!:D