Trick Flow Intake

• Sponsors (?)

i was looking into one of these myself, does anyone know which would be better for a stock engine? the street manifold (idle-5500 RPM) or the track heat(1500-6500 RPM)? thanks

I would wait until you get the 3.73s and pulleys installed and pickup some headers. If you get an intake in mostly stock condition.. get the street heat!! Its a moderate difficulty install for the first time (Lower intake).

I installed the street heat several years ago when I only had a full exhaust (LTs). I thought it was worth it, but I also knew that I was going to install heads and cam at a later date... So I would wait... in case you can get some heads in the future, double dip on the install if you know what I mean! Good luck. :flag:

huskerpower02 said:
What do you guys think of this intake thats for sale on ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36474&item=2456804402
-Drew

wow awesome, just what I was looking for , thanks for the link :nice:

serioulsy though that is a good price but I would NEVER post a link on a public fourm to an item that your looking at on ebay. Chances are you wont get it after everyone gets done looking at the link and telling all there friends....hey theres a good deal on a TFS intake on ebay. Just b/c you post the link dosent mean you have ownership to it, thats why I have a Romac Ballancer sitting here in my room that I got off ebay for just over $200 b/c someone posted a link to it from ebay. When I see a good deal on ebay on Mustang parts I let as few people as possible know about it.

First i bought the street intake when i was mostly stock but then i sold it and bought a track heat.. i would just buy the track heat so you dont end up buying another one down the road.

my 2 cents

If you plan on getting some nice high flowing heads later on down the road, then go ahead and get the track manifold. If your just going to get ported e7's or some GT40 heads I'd probably stick with the street manifold. What intake you plan on getting is determined by what the your final plan for your car is. I was impatient when I went to buy my Edelbrock. I wanted the RPM because I knew what I wanted to do with my car, but they didnt have any in stock so I opted for the 5.0 instead but I can always sell the upper and switch it out for the RPM.

That also might be something for you to look into. Can the uppers be swapped out with one another? If so you might want to buy the street manifold now, and later on after heads/cam or a blower buy the track upper and sell your street upper. Just a few more things for you to think about.

Here's a deal for ya!

Go to Ground Zero Performance .

They have the Trick Flow kit (which I'm saving for) for:
Street Heat $2049 (350fwhp)
Track Heat $2099 (360fwhp)

For that price you get Intake, Cam, Twisted Wedge Heads, Roller Rockers, Push Rods, Timing Chain, Gaskets, AND Valve Covers. :banana:

I think that's a great package. Add your 70mm TB, larger MAF, and full exhaust and you're good for an easy 300 to the wheels with a good tune.