Tried out the Zex part 2 - it's friggin' working!

• Sponsors (?)

sweet deal, i thought it would be way more than that....... i need help, im fighting buying it right now... but i cant, no tlok, what is it like without a tlok jimp? does it spin loose like crazy or what?

<----500th post yay!

Nice Job Jimp!!

So what does it pull like? Describe a car you have driven, which can somehow properly illustrate what your feeling right now! Also, is the drivers seat wet or dry? If you say dry, I say put the 100shot jets in.. If you say wet, I say yank the seat and get Recaro's, cause you S%@! all over the place! LOL!! :nice:

Talk to me Bubba, whats up? :D

I haven't hit it from a standing start yet. I imagine I will pretty much boil the tire. I say get it. You can't beat the performance for the money. It seems to be a very safe system. Just follow the instructions carefully. I'll be getting new spark plugs soon! :spot:

MSP, It literally makes the engine scream. The rpms wind up so fast it's rediculous. There's no question in my mind that it's now faster than my old 5.0. I may hit the 125 shot at the track on Sat. :banana:

Jimp said:
I haven't hit it from a standing start yet. I imagine I will pretty much boil the tire. I say get it. You can't beat the performance for the money. It seems to be a very safe system. Just follow the instructions carefully. I'll be getting new spark plugs soon! :spot:

MSP, It literally makes the engine scream. The rpms wind up so fast it's rediculous. There's no question in my mind that it's now faster than my old 5.0. I may hit the 125 shot at the track on Sat. :banana:

Nice!! Ok this was my thinking.. I was going to get the rearend this week, and get it installed, then get the nitrous kit... But what do you think? Should I get the kit first?

Also, I can just use the stock tune.. I dont have the SCT-2, and am not making it a priority over the rear-end or the ZEX.. So will it work with the stock setup?

fazm83 said:
kit first!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me they are both important upgrades.. The rear-end because it will definatley make the car feel truley 5.0ish with dead-stop launch abilities.. But I have never seen Jimp use a term like "Holy Crap" before... LOL!! Jimp is more reserved than to use those terms, so it must feel spectacular.. :D

fazm83 said:
You can use the stock tune with a 75shot i believe doug at bamachips said, anything over that, you are pushing it (he said flat out dont do it, u will run too lean and melt a piston)

Well with the SCT-2 you can retard the timing. The instructions tell you what timing to use for every level of NOS. For 125 it's -4 degrees. The way the system works, you can never run too lean. At least that's what the manual says.

Dear lord, i have to stop coming to this forum... i'm gonna end up spending money that i don't have! BUT!!!! you guys rock.. glad to see you pushing it for all its worth!

Long live the V6!

I gotta say though, i'm thinking by this time next year when gas is $4-$5 a gallon, the V6 will BE THE ONLY choice for daily drivers on a budget. I want my stang, and i want now, but who can afford $50-$60 a tank of gas? Jeez.. don't know about you guys, but i'm driving mine everyday back and forth to work. :)

/runs to the corner and continues mantra.. don't spend money, wife will kill.. don't spend money.. wife will kill... don't spend money.. wife will...