Trip to Ocracoke, NC (beware, lots of pics)

y2k2GT

Mar 1, 2007
Moyock, NC
Got invited to tag along with a bunch of guys from a Shelby club to ride down to Ocracok, which is part of the NC outer banks south of Hatterass Island, you have to take a ferry to get there. We left early saturday morning, four of us, and meet up with about 20 Shelby mustangs. The weather was great and we meet some really great guys with some amazing cars. We didn't get home till late that night but had a great time. Rode to the Island and got lunch and had a 100+ mph sprint back to the ferry on highway 12. It was an amazing day, stopped at the Hatterass Lighthouse for somne pics it was a blast, got a little sunburnt but it was worth it.

100_8405.jpg

100_8404.jpg

100_8403.jpg

cop.jpg

100_8411.jpg

100_8417.jpg

100_8418.jpg

100_8429.jpg

100_8430.jpg

View attachment 321409

100_8448.jpg

100_8465.jpg

View attachment 321412

View attachment 321413

View attachment 321414

View attachment 321415

View attachment 321416

• Sponsors (?)

Great pics. The closest ive been to the Outer Banks is parts around Wilmington that jet off the main coastline a bit. Not that close, lol.

Were you at the South of the Border show? I think someone in our local group snapped a pic with your car in it.

Were you at the South of the Border show? I think someone in our local group snapped a pic with your car in it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we were there with about 20 other mustangs. Had agreat time there too.

HEY my dad when to that! lol thats funny:D hes got an 08 shelby gt blue/silver strips.:lol:

Cool, I'm sure I talked to him. There were a couple of blue Shelby GT's there. One was right behind me on the 100+ mph sprint back to the ferry. It was a blast, met alot of good people. You should have seen the people on the sides of the road taking pictures of us. Kept smiles on everyones faces.

Yep that was me...

Cool, I'm sure I talked to him. There were a couple of blue Shelby GT's there. One was right behind me on the 100+ mph sprint back to the ferry. It was a blast, met alot of good people. You should have seen the people on the sides of the road taking pictures of us. Kept smiles on everyones faces.

We were in the Vista Blue SHELBY GT, the one without the whine....:hail2: My wife and I sat with y'all at Howards Pub and were behind you on the ride back to the ferry, what a blast!

We were in the Vista Blue SHELBY GT, the one without the whine....:hail2: My wife and I sat with y'all at Howards Pub and were behind you on the ride back to the ferry, what a blast!

It was great meating you guys, we had a blast. I am so glad Brian invited us, all of you guys have great cars, now my wife wwants one. Hope I didn't slow you down any on the ride back to the ferry, that had to be a site, 25 mustangs doing 100+. Hopefully we can do it again.