Trival manual tranny question?

• Sponsors (?)

Then being hydro, it's gonna be the easiest-to-drive stang ever :) . I was thinking that even with the bad height steering wheel, poor clutch/brake pedal position, bad seats, and truck positioned-stick shifter--ONLY if the SN95's had a low pressure clutch pedal, life would be completely different right now, i.e. great.

Definitely, it's gonna be a BMW fighter...

Where did you guys hear hydraulic? Sources please.

I have heard they are using the same 3650 trans, if they are going hydraulic this would require a new bellhousing for the trans. I know the cable system has its faults, but ford already uses hydraulic systems on everything else, and atleast on the ranger/explorer/f150 system we replace alot of slave cylinders. Every system has its faults, I would prefer cable system myself.

We will see I guess.

94SLOWBRA said:

I have heard they are using the same 3650 trans, if they are going hydraulic this would require a new bellhousing for the trans. I know the cable system has its faults, but ford already uses hydraulic systems on everything else, and atleast on the ranger/explorer/f150 system we replace alot of slave cylinders. Every system has its faults, I would prefer cable system myself.

We will see I guess.

I believe the hydraulic clutch was out of the ford press releases. I know I read it somewhere.

I prefer hydraulic. Because there is no cable drag to deal with, you can do a beefier clutch spring and not a ridiculously heavy pedal.

94SLOWBRA said:

We will see I guess.

HUH? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

The Mustang GT has been using the T3650 since February 2, 2001 and I believe they have had hydraulic clutches since 1999, maybe earlier. - Can one of the experts tell us when?

351CJ said:
HUH? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

The Mustang GT has been using the T3650 since February 2, 2001 and I believe they have had hydraulic clutches since 1999, maybe earlier. - Can one of the experts tell us when?

I work at a ford dealer, I work on transmissions for a living. I am well aware of the type of clutch the mustang uses, it is not hydraulic. Every manual trans mustangs since atleast 1979 has used a cable operated clutch. :nice:

They should be using the same '94 SN95 quad. It's ratchet/self adjusting...

Definitely, it's gonna be a BMW fighter...
quoting myself...j/k a bit :D
--BUT heck if it's gonna be a smooth/light pressure pedal + with the better placement of the shifter location + slapping a [future] aftmkt short throw unit on there....it's gonna be pretty nice, like the beamheads and honduhs...admit it guys! It would be nice to have lightning fast AND super easy shifting :)

This is from ford's press release stuff:

The V-8 powered GT is equipped with a rugged Tremec 3650 gearbox; the V-6 cars get a Tremec T-5 manual. Both have been improved for shift quality and efficiency. For example, they now use a flange coupling instead of a splined drive with the driveshaft that results in better balance and reduced lash. An all-new shift linkage is designed to provide quick engagement of the gears, producing a solid feel and none of the "notchiness" apparent on some previous Mustangs.

The boosted hydraulic clutch reduces pedal effort while still offering a performance feel. The V-6 clutch has new plate materials for durability, and the V-8 clutch has been enlarged to handle the 300 horsepower of the new 4.6-liter, three-valve MOD engine.

And here's the link: http://www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/2005Mustang/power.html

Iv'e never :owned: a thread before.

SN95_XB331 said:
+ slapping a [future] aftmkt short throw unit on there....

The S197's Shifter looks pretty short to me. A lot shorter than the ones in the Sn95's.
05MUST37.jpg