Trouble again 96 cobra p1445

Gforceman

Aug 23, 2005
Trouble again 96 cobra p1445 NEED HELP

went to ford to fix code p1443 so they replaced the purge valve sensor NOW i drive 3 miles down the road and i get code p1445 Purge Flow Sensor circuit Input High now what would cause that - its going back to ford anyway to screw me out of more money

UPDATE :: went to ford i sat there for 4 hours they said theres a bad ground somewhere they cant find it bunch of knuckleheads , i put the meter on the black white wire off the sensor to the block and got 2.2k ohms basicly its a short so ground is good i inspected the so called sensor they replaced and it didnt look new maybe a bad sensor ? also to be sure is the sensor located between the purge valve and the intake ? it has a plug with 3 wires 12v 5v and ground well they all check ok . i also removed the hose after the purge vave while motor was running and theres no vacuume so the sensor isnt working ?if i cant get this prob fixed im gonna have to sell it.

OK, here are all of my voltage readings......

Engine and Key Off: Red wire - 0volts
Purple wire - 0.07 volts

Engine Off, Key On: Red Wire - 12.01 volts
Purple wire - 2.10 volts

Engine On: Red Wire - 13.99 volts
Purple Wire - 2.10 volts

CONNECTOR DISCONNECTED from the sensor

Engine and Key Off: Red wire - 0volts
Purple wire - 0.07 volts

Engine Off, Key ON: Red Wire - 12.01 volts
Purple wire - 5.00 volts

Engine On: Red Wire - 13.99 volts
Purple Wire - 5.00 volts

read resistance ON sensor

12v leg to ground pin 162 ohms
5 v leg to ground pin 74 ohms

Grounds by the battery where cleaned and tested ,5 ohms and .01 ohms

Let me know what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

what i tryed was on the solenoid i left the 12v wire on the solenoid and grounded the other pin from the solenoid to ground ( i left the GRY / YELLOW) disconnected so i can activate the purge soleniod well the check engine light came back on so basicaly the system was working but theres still a problem , a code came up saying purge flow solenoid was shorted but it wasnt .i would like to get this fixed but if i dont either it will get sold or crushed its getting aggravating.

IF ANYONE HAS A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE PURGE FLOW SYSTEM ( or emissions) i would greatly appreciate it

Hey guys, with all the problems with Code 1445 how come nobody has come up with a solution? Has anybody taken that issue to a Ford dealer, I don't believe in being a parts changer but just curious. Thanks