Trouble starting, '68 302

• Sponsors (?)

TheDRake49 said:
:shrug: I have installed new points, coil, condenser, rotor, distributor cap!!!!! It will turn over but will not start. Crank good yesterday morning, but has not cranked since. Whatdo I need to check and/or replace? :bang:

Did it run prior to the installation of the new parts? When you say new rotor, do you mean the distributor? If so, I would check the timing and make sure you have it set up correctly. Good luck, post more information and I am sure you will get better suggestions.

After you do the above and get it started, do yourself a big favor and ditch the points for a Pertronix igniter... You might also check to make sure you're getting 12 volts to the coil. It could easily be the ignition switch or even harness wires.

TheDRake49 said:
Thanks, Checked the point setting, they were off. She cranks now with just a turn of the key!!!
How reliable is the Pertronix?

I had the Pertronix on my old 302 for quite a while and didn't have any trouble with it. But, just to be on the safe side, I carried the points and condensor and stuff with me just incase it gave out or something.